PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch boxing?

mr.ikon
10-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Ehh it was alright of a fight. I was expecting a ko. But that was a cheap shot he threw when the ref was separating the two from holding.

Macruz19
10-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Are you talking about the Manny Pacquiao, and Barrera? I watched it on Saturday and that was a cheap shot. IMO, he was frustrated because he could not throw combos at Pacquiao, nor get a good decent shot at him.

I too was expecting a KO, but Barrera was more defensive because I`m sure he did not want to be KO`ed again.

mr.ikon
10-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Yea that fight. It was free but i was expecting to see someone fall.

Macruz19
10-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Did you watch it at a local bar?

We order mine because my family is fan of his.

BobD
10-09-2007, 10:00 AM
I used to watch boxing religously but I no longer do just because of my busy schedule as of late. I am a huge fan of Emanual Steward and the fighters coming from the Kronk Gym in Detroit and I do hit a lot of the local fights when I can.

imported_bigfoot
10-09-2007, 10:02 AM
I used to watch the Felix "Tito" Trinidad fights, but no longer able to. I might put cable soon and watch the new sensation: Miguel Cotto! :woot:

BlackElantraGT
10-09-2007, 11:35 AM
If a friend orders it on PPV, I`ll go over and watch otherwise I wouldn`t pay $50 just to watch a few boxing matches. My father was a big boxing fan and I used to have to watch it with him when I`d rather watch kid stuff, so that`s part of the reason why I`m not that big of a boxing fan.

Since we`re Southeast Asians, my dad preferred Muay Thai kickboxing, but this was before most Americans even knew what it was so the only way to watch it would be to go to a small Thai videostore and rent videos. We`d use to see "kickboxing" on ESPN and laugh because all it was was just karate/tae kwon do.

He`d use to take me to local SoCal kickboxing matches too and I remember there would be brawling going on with the fans and a lot of controversy because the American fighters would go into a fight all cocky, especially considering their opponents were scrawny little Asian kids, and they`d get the butts whooped because they`re fighting Muay Thai trained kickboxers. It has gained a lot in popularity now because most of the MMA fighters will list either Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiujitsui, or wrestling as their fighting style.

If anyone has DirecTV with HD, they`ve been broadcasting a lot of MMA fights on Mark Cuban`s HDNet channel. It seems like they`re pretty desperate for fighters though because some of the kids fighting are barely out of high school. Maybe I`m just getting too old LOL.