PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z-CS vs Ultima Paint Guard Plus

KnuckleBuckett
10-06-2007, 08:02 AM
:help: :help:

Any opinions?

Need to know which is the best toughest base sealant.

Once I prep the finish, I expect to apply the following:

1) Sealant (to be determined) X 4

2) FX 1000P X 4

3) Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection X 2

Anybody have an opinion on the sealant?

How about the above process? Overkill? Get my head in the wrong place? Be really glad to hear from the forum before I start.

This is going on my new (to me 33K miles) Moonlight Pearl LS430. I really want to do this right and well. Maintaining is not a problem, but I want to get the BASE right the first time.

I am pretty excited so forgive me if I am being a bit overzealous... :woot:

imported_Aurora40
10-06-2007, 09:23 AM
I`ll tell ya, unless they changes AG`s EGP, I don`t see the point in putting anything underneath it that doesn`t do surface correction. I like the stuff, but it seemed to me to be incredibly solventy. I can`t imagine how anything on the paint beforehand would survive.

Cleaning Fool
10-06-2007, 12:36 PM
You have what you need, I really don`t think CS or Ultima is needed. Prep it, try a panel with Autoglym and try a panel with FK and see what you like better. The Autoglym does get favorable reviews and should give you a reflective, mirror look while FK should give you a deeper wetter look

Macruz19
10-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Those 2 products are more of a topper to finish the detail off..

NSXTASY
10-06-2007, 12:50 PM
IMO, a bit overkill, certainly in one day. Personally, pick one, and apply as many coats as you like. I <3 1000P, given that, apply 1000P in consecutive coats (I like 3) at least 12 hours apart, top with Z8. Not to mention, 15 oz. @ $16.xx is a deal (1000p). Apply very thin and allow 20 minutes, buff.

imported_Aurora40
10-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Maybe a dumb question, is "1000p" Blitz`s One-Grand paste wax?

Scottwax
10-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Those 2 products are more of a topper to finish the detail off..

:nixweiss My understanding is both are dedicated sealants that can be used on their own. Same with Optimum`s Opti-Seal.

Personally, if it was my time and money, I`d go with a couple layers of Opti-Seal on properly prepped paint and then maintain it adding another application of OS after every 3rd wash or use Zaino Z8 after every couple of washes.

I haven`t had Ultima long enough to know how durable it is and I`ve had mixed durability results with CS.

Another option is Werkstatt`s Acrylic Jett. 1 single layer over Prime lasted every bit as long on my brother`s van as 3 ZFX`ed layers of Z2 Pro over Klasse AIO.

Honestly, I don`t really see a point putting 10 layers of anything on a car. 2 layers to ensure complete coverage then maintain with another application monthly should give more than enough protection in even very harsh conditions.

KnuckleBuckett
10-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey everyone.

Thanks for the input!

How does this sound?

Once I prep the finish, I expect to apply the following:

1) Sealant - Ultima Paint Guard Plus, two coats

2) FX 1000P, two coats

3) Budweiser Select, two aluminum cans full, :usa

I also plan to treat the rubber, plastic with Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus. Probably two coats on all surfaces. Trunk, floormats, spare tire, and under the hood and wheel wells will all be treated.

I will clean and treat the leather with the Lexus provided kit.

I will clean the windows and apply Aquapel. The stuff is amazing! All four windows and exterior mirrors.

Again. Thanks for the input. If anyone has more, my ears are open!

Bigpikle
10-07-2007, 03:11 PM
I have no idea about long term durability on the Ultima PGP yet, but a few weeks in and it looks just as good, and feels just as slick as the moment it was applied. Love the wet finish and the application is very easy with no buffing required. Go for it....