PDA

View Full Version : Interior gurus needed..i have a couple questions

Pages : [1] 2

accuratecarcare
10-06-2007, 02:16 AM
hey guys,

first post here, been a long time reader tho and also a member of several other forums.. today i was detailing a wagon that took disgusting interiors to a whole new level.. which brings me here to ask u guys for some help.

i used a general purpose spot remover that i ordered from the same place i got my extractor from, and it just wasnt cutting it on the stains in this car.. please enlighten me on a couple carpet/upholstery stain removers that i can use in conjunction with my extractor, and also where i might be able to find some of these..

also, what do u guys do when u have straight up layers and layers of gunk stuck to the interior? i wish i had a picture but the center console of this wagon was caked with years of food residues and i couldnt get all of it for the life of me..any special heavy duty products or tools u guys know of that would work well in that situation?

last question... i used to use a meguiars leather cleaner but recently ive been using optimum protectant plus as a leather cleaner and the four star leather conditioner after that.. but there was some **** embedded in the leather that the OPP leather cleaner wasnt able to get out.. any ideas?

ive searched the forums for awhile now but theres so many mixed opinions out there on everything i just wanted to get a fresh one from you guys.. thanks for your help!

imageautodetail
10-06-2007, 07:04 AM
Bane-CleneƂ® Professional Spotting Guide (http://baneclene.com/sptgd.html)

Detail Plus Shopping Cart - STAIN REMOVAL SYSTEM - 6/16 OZ BOTTLES (http://www.detailplus.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=236)

First is a stain guide, the second is what I have on hand to tackle pretty much anything that is thrown at me

for most interior cleanin I use an APC that my chemist buddy has formulated, areas that are saturated I will spray with MR Jinx(APC aresol made by claire)it has a bit of foaming action that helps the dwelling of the product. These are also safe on leather, but alsways be gentle

imported_Aurora40
10-06-2007, 09:13 AM
One thing that I find helps is to spray down areas like center consoles and such with a very diluted mild APC, and follow right away with a shop vac. Alternatively compressed air works very well too, though it will toss stuff around a bit. The cleaner both helps to break stuff up so you can vacuum it, as well as to make it heavier or something so the vacuum can get a hold of it. It works great to remove stuff stuck in all the cracks and crevices of an interior. If you vac as you spray, water shouldn`t get inside of and behind everything.

That plus just running the vacuum over the carpets, etc real quick can get rid of 80-90% of the crud quickly so you can focus more on the detail work.

accuratecarcare
10-06-2007, 09:15 AM
yea ive got an air compressor in the shop as well and i use that quite a bit it helps out a lot..whats a good APC to use on the crap in the console?

imported_Aurora40
10-06-2007, 09:27 AM
I think anything mild would be fine, you just don`t want something corrosive in case any of it gets behind anything, etc. I personally still use Meguiar`s original All Purpose Cleaner Plus from their detailing line, because I like it and still have it. I`ve never tried their newer ones. For spraying down while vacuuming, I use it at about 16:1 so that it`s mostly water.

But if you are talking about things like melted candy or something, this might not help. It`s more helpful on sort of more dry crusty stuff.

accuratecarcare
10-06-2007, 05:59 PM
i`ll have to look into trying out a couple different APCs.. i used a different spotter today called "incredible" and tested it out on my employees beat up POS honda accord and the carpets looked much better.. im still going to try out several different stain removal products as well though

Scottwax
10-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I use a 8:1 water/Woolite (the liquid laundry soap) mixture as my APC and leather cleaner and BioKleen`s Traffic Lane Cleaner on carpet and fabric. There is very little I can`t get out or at the very least, greatly improve using those two products.

Some cars are so beat to crap though, that you can`t get them anywhere near perfect.

accuratecarcare
10-07-2007, 01:50 AM
I use a 8:1 water/Woolite (the liquid laundry soap) mixture as my APC and leather cleaner and BioKleen`s Traffic Lane Cleaner on carpet and fabric. There is very little I can`t get out or at the very least, greatly improve using those two products.

Some cars are so beat to crap though, that you can`t get them anywhere near perfect.

i take it the woolite is something i can get at any retailer? wal mart? im in VT so no target here. thanks tho ill look for the woolite somewhere around here either way

corvettecrazy
10-07-2007, 02:09 AM
i take it the woolite is something i can get at any retailer? wal mart? im in VT so no target here. thanks tho ill look for the woolite somewhere around here either way

I`ve seen it at walmart, yes. With all the other laundry detergents.

imported_Larry A
10-07-2007, 09:10 AM

Scott do you mean the Woolite fine fabric cleaner, or the regular laundry soap.

Scottwax
10-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Scott do you mean the Woolite fine fabric cleaner, or the regular laundry soap.

http://costcost21.com/goods_img/Woolite.jpg

Jesstzn
10-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Scottwax lead me on to the Woolite a long time ago .. thats all I use .. here is a link to short tips on my web page;

The Wonders Of Woolite (http://www3.telus.net/jesstzn/Woolite.html)

jeteast99
10-07-2007, 04:26 PM
where can BioKleen`s Traffic Lane Cleaner be found?

MI2
10-18-2007, 04:05 PM
where can BioKleen`s Traffic Lane Cleaner be found?

Try here:

Carpet Professional | Biokleen (http://biokleenhome.com/products/pro/carpet)

Paulie Walnuts
10-18-2007, 05:04 PM
Another IFL