PDA

View Full Version : Exterra questions

hybridhauler
10-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Next week I will be detailing my nephews Exterra. I would like to know is what is the best thing to use on all the gray plastic trim. The Exterra has been severely neglected....I mean severely neglected.....it`s about the worst I have seen in a long time. I did a test patch on the paint and this can be handled with a little work. The gray is another question. Any suggestions short of repaint?

Thx

beemerboy1
10-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Next week I will be detailing my nephews Exterra. I would like to know is what is the best thing to use on all the gray plastic trim. The Exterra has been severely neglected....I mean severely neglected.....it`s about the worst I have seen in a long time. I did a test patch on the paint and this can be handled with a little work. The gray is another question. Any suggestions short of repaint?

Thx

Two things that I like are Stoner trim shine or Poorboys World trim restore.....both should be applied to the plastic then with a clean soft terry towel, buff the plastic to get the product even, remember that gray will not come out real shinny

SVR
10-05-2007, 06:05 PM
OK I`ve had a look at the car on nissan`s site

Unfortunately I can`t tell if trim is shiny or just flat grey

Anything with a low shine from factory should be polishable, a dull grey hard rubber/urethane may need a machine to make black but the size of the trim wouldn`t make it easy

The rear wiper would come up great

imageautodetail
10-05-2007, 07:47 PM

ThxWhat exactly are you trying to do to it, is it scratched , just dirty, or are you wondering about redye or dressing it?

hybridhauler
10-05-2007, 08:08 PM
The Exterra is probably 4 years old and it has never been waxed. If I was to guess, I would say the only time it ever gets washed is whe it rains. The Gray trim is very faded and covered with bug jerky. The bugs is not a problem. When doing a few tests this afternoon, I treated one spot with 303 and on another area I used a little Menzernas Nano polish. The 303 was quickly absorbed and didn`t make a difference at all. The Nano polish didnt fair much better. Either I love a challenge of Im crazy one.

imageautodetail
10-05-2007, 08:12 PM
sprayway insta shine does a good job an plastic trim, it sounds like you may want to dye it though