PDA

View Full Version : Another Shopping List from AG...need help from the pros pls!

Twista616
10-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Alright,

I have compiled a shopping list for a order I plan on buy from Autogeek. I have a rotory and UDM already...

As Follows:

Menzerna 106FF (only used for Benz, Audi, Porsche ect.)

Menzerna SIP (only used for Benz, Audi, Porsche, ect.)

Natty`s Blue

Megs #26 paste

Collinite 476

I have about 200-250 to spend as well...so I need other options other than what I have above...but...

The Question is...i don`t want to use SIP and 106 on every car I do. I want something that is comparable to them, but alittle less expensive. Thoughts on Optimum, or Swirl Abolisher or anything else?

As for a sealant, heard mised feelings on Opti-Seal, anyone recommend antyhgin else.

Thanks in Advanced~

SpoiledMan
10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
I subscribe to learning the ins and outs of one line of polishes or at least having your "goto" set of polishes. Once you have fewer variables in your process you will be able to focus on increasing the quality of your results. That said, use the Menzerna`s on all the cars you detail and simply charge a few bucks more to cover your expense. You will likely find that you`re actually *not* spending more to do a car anyway.

The polishes that you have should be able to take care of pretty much anything that you will encounter provided you have the right pad choices to go along with them.

mr.ikon
10-04-2007, 09:58 PM
so you want something comparable to sip and 106? well have you taken a look at the 1Z Pro Line? On the site, it states that the pro polish is comparable to 106.

i`m picking it up and my package should be arriving next tuesday. so when i get it i can give you my input on the product.

jesselyons2002
10-04-2007, 10:45 PM
I see alot of the best pros on here use HTEC before doing 106ff and Have you tried think about Hi Temp Extreme Cut ???

TTWAGN
10-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Meguiars #66 would be a good cheap alternative to 106FF.

I take it you dont want to use 106FF to save a bit of money on the cheaper jobs? Meguiars #66 will not only save you money but it will save you time as you can skip the paste wax step as well.

I use Menzerna a fair bit. #66 has the same cutting ability as 106FF has similar gloss levels but is slicker due to the polymer wax.

On my top jobs i go from SIP to 106FF and then a nice paste wax either natty blue or swissvax onyx.

On the cheap jobs i use powergloss followed by #66 and a quick spray wax. I use aquawax as the spray wax.

If you try and replace 106FF with a cheaper/inferior swirl remover you`ll find that it will take twice as long to get the same results. So the high end menzerna`s actually pay for themselves as time equals money.

The only way to save money and time is to reduce the number of steps. The higher quality products actually allow you to use fewer steps. This is where Meguiars #66 comes in as it eliminates multiple steps yet gives 90% of the results.

Poorboys SSR3 for instance on a rotary is strong enough to remove all imperfections but it doesn`t finnish down smooth enough. Usually meguiars #66 wont be able to remove the heavy marring and light holograms so i would have to add an extra step, or use SSR2.5 and a lighter cut pad but then im not able to remove light scratches. Menzerna powergloss on the other hand has the cutting ability of SSR3 yet has similar marring levels to SSR2.5. I can then go over the surface with Meguiars #66 and i`ve done complete paint correction and wax in only two steps.

If i was being paid enough to do three steps i would then replace #66 with 106FF which will remove the marring and light holograms but will not wax the surface. I`d then use a seperate paste wax for the third step.

There is no point applying a paste wax on a swirled surface. So you`ll probably have happier customers if you skimp on the wax yet concentrate more on the swirl and paint correction.

Twista616
10-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Thank you guys for all your imput!! Definatly opened my eyes to other products to test out...anyone else can chime in as well!

Cleaning Fool
10-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Well, you do have 3 waxes on your list, maybe drop one and opt for a sealant like Klasse SG, Wolfgang, etc. Maybe add an All In One like Klasse for those jobs that don`t need alot of correction, but just a good paint cleaning.

Twista616
10-05-2007, 09:12 PM
I have been hearing alot about how Klasse is very hard to work? True?? Any other Sealants that are easier to work and maybe comparable to Klasse?? Shall i just bite the bullet and learn how to work it right from the start?

gocubbies
10-05-2007, 09:14 PM
you could use IP and MICRO POLISH. they are cheaper than 106 and SIP and from the same line

TTWAGN
10-05-2007, 09:54 PM
you could use IP and MICRO POLISH. they are cheaper than 106 and SIP and from the same line

IP doesn`t cut as good as SIP

Micropolish doesn`t finnish as good as 106FF

The ceramic clear compounds are a step above all other compounds on the market. they are worth the extra money.

Most other brands you would need to use two compounds to work as strong and finnish as smooth when compared to the menzerna ceramic line of products. Twice the labour, twice the product, all over an extra few dollars ;)

gocubbies
10-05-2007, 10:10 PM

Micropolish doesn`t finnish as good as 106FF

The ceramic clear compounds are a step above all other compounds on the market. they are worth the extra money.

Most other brands you would need to use two compounds to work as strong and finnish as smooth when compared to the menzerna ceramic line of products. Twice the labour, twice the product, all over an extra few dollars ;)

played with new toys - Autogeekonline Car Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/8522-played-new-toys.html)

TTWAGN
10-05-2007, 10:22 PM
played with new toys - Autogeekonline Car Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/8522-played-new-toys.html)

I hope you realise that with photo`s on the internet you would NOT be able to tell any difference between the normal menzernas and ceramic clear menzerna`s. Not to mention the user in that post hasn`t even used either of the ceramic clear compounds so he wouldn`t know what he is missing out on.

Like i said before...

Micropolish doesn`t cut as good as 106FF.

106FF cuts like final polish and finnishes like micropolish.

you would need to use two compounds to work as strong and finnish as smoothSo you would need both Final polish and Micro polish to acheive the results of Nano polish. You`ve used half the product and half the time to acheive nearly the same results. Thats a big big saving.

So IP may remove 90% of the swirls where as SIP may remove 99%.

The micropolish remove 90% of the marring where as 106FF may remove 99%.

To get the same "cut" out of the conventional menzerna`s you would have to make more pass`s which requires using more product.

To match the finnishing abilities of 106FF when using micropolish you would have to use a stronger buffing pad, or you`d have to make more passes and use more product to remove the marring.

Even if you had to make 20% more pass`s and use 20% more product thats already made up for the price difference.

Having used nearly all of the menzerna products the ceramic clear products require less product and less time to acheive the same results as any other compound from menzerna or elsewhere. In fact it requires so much less time and effort that even though it costs more i SAVE money by using it.

As you can see im a big fan of the ceramic clear products. Once you use them you will notice the difference.

Most of the time i can go straight from Powergloss to Nanopolish and do 100% paint correction using only two products. Before i would have to use three steps, powergloss, final polish and micropolish.

gocubbies
10-05-2007, 10:25 PM
when i did that it was my first time using menz so i was unfamiliar with the line but it worked just fine. when i get use to the line i will be able to cut and finish just as good as the higher price products in that line. or just step up to power gloss. and that will cut better than SIP and save money

TTWAGN
10-05-2007, 10:45 PM
when i get use to the line i will be able to cut and finish just as good as the higher price products in that line.

So once you master the conventional menzerna`s you will be able to acheive the same results as the ceramic clear products..

Using the same theory once you mastered the ceramic clear products you will acheive even better results in less time.

However at the rate the industry is developing i wouldn`t be surprised if most manufacturers had a product similar to Nanopolish in a year or two.