PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s Gold Class wax or NXT Wax?

imported_dfw
10-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Is there a difference between the two, besides price? Which do you prefer?

mr.ikon
10-03-2007, 05:05 PM
let me run downstairs and i`ll give you an answer. i`ve got em both

Gold Class- Liquid car wax

NXT-Synthetic polymer wax (more of a sealant iirc)

I prefer NXT over Gold Class

imported_dfw
10-03-2007, 05:08 PM
coo. i just picked up a bottle of gold class, but saw the nxt there also. returning it isnt a problem haha.

RIDDLE
10-03-2007, 05:12 PM
i havent used the gold class before, but the nxt really makes metallic flakes pop

imported_dfw
10-03-2007, 05:18 PM
hum. i have tons of pearls in my black paint (nhbp) :think:

anyone used both before?

mr.ikon
10-03-2007, 07:01 PM
I`ve used both before. Nighthawk Black Pearl i assume you`re referring to. The Gold Class seem to give the car more depth than the NXT. But the NXT did make flakes pop out a little more and gave a longer lasting protection.

keithl
10-03-2007, 07:16 PM
I was a big NXT person last 2-3 years, but recently switched to Meguiars #21 + Polycharger and love the finish, glossy, deep and seems to hold up well. Not quite as slippery smooth as NXT, but easy on and off and seems to hold up better.

sspeer
10-03-2007, 08:03 PM
I`ve used both before. Nighthawk Black Pearl i assume you`re referring to. The Gold Class seem to give the car more depth than the NXT. But the NXT did make flakes pop out a little more and gave a longer lasting protection.

My Mitsu has a `Labrador Black Pearl` Looks like black with multicolored metallic to me LOL

The overly general rule is wax over solids (esp dark) and synthetics over metallics (if you want the flakes to pop).

Of course when you`re talking dark metallics..I dunno..depends on if you want the soft glow of a wax, or the clarity and pop of a syn

COLDZ71
10-03-2007, 08:33 PM
The first waxes I really had an experience with was Gold Class and NXT. The finish with the NXT was noticably more glass like. While the Gold Class had a warmer, wet look to it. NXT lasted a little longer also.

BlueLibby04
10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Ive used both and I personally like NXT better as it tends to last longer.

Both will give a great look.

Patman
10-03-2007, 09:50 PM
I`ve used both of them on my black Corvette and I find Gold Class just doesn`t make the paint look as dark as NXT or Meguiar`s #21 does. Gold Class is harder to buff off also. I didn`t leave Gold Class on long enough to test it`s durability though, about a week after I tried it I went back to NXT. (I`ve since switched to #21 though, which is even easier to buff off than NXT, plus it lasts longer and has less tendency to leave streaks behind)

imported_dfw
10-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Just finished up with the NXT...wow. I don`t ill ever go back, the smell just tops it off too.

SilverSeven
10-04-2007, 02:47 AM
Hi dfw, yes the Nxt smell pretty nice. From my experience, I`ve applied 2 coats of Nxt back to back. It`s even more slicker than 1 coat on Nxt. :) You might wanna try and see for urself tho.