PDA

View Full Version : Newbi with questions about ONR and my new water restrictions...

Pages : [1] 2

keithl
10-03-2007, 12:00 PM
OK I am new to this site and have been reading as many posts as I can. I live in ATL and last week the state stopped all outdoor water user, bummer. I just bougth a 08 Acura TL-S 5 weeks ago. While not obsessed (depends on which of my friends you talk to) I like to wash the car every week. I alse waxed it and sealed iwht with Meguais #21 when new. I was going to convert my basement/garage into an indoor car wash, but then I see these posts about ONR. So as i continue to poor over all these threads, maybe some of you can help point me to some quick finds on the benefits of ONR and more importanly the proper way to use it. I read stuff about 2 buckets, and grit stuff and so on. Anyone know a good FAQ that might give me good starter newbie advise to rinseless washing? And is it as good as an old fashioned hose wash?

Thanks in advance!!

Scottwax
10-03-2007, 12:12 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/85532-since-others-posting-how-i-wash-cars-threads-here-mine.html?highlight=posting

keithl
10-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks Scottwax. So what does ONR do to an exisitng sealant, I am concerned about their statement on how the polymers adhere to the finish to lift the dirt, sounds like it will negate my Meguiars #21 finihs which I am loving.

imported_smprince1
10-03-2007, 06:53 PM
http://autopia.org/forum/hall-fame/32078-qew-tutorial-not-56k-friendly-part-1-a.html

QEW is not the same but similar to ONR

keithl
10-03-2007, 07:09 PM
`
http://autopia.org/forum/hall-fame/32078-qew-tutorial-not-56k-friendly-part-1-a.html\r\n\r\nQEW is not the same but similar to ONR\r\n\r\nThanks saw this mentioned in another thread, but it seems many think ONR is better, but the tutorial is very useful!`

mikebai1990
10-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks Scottwax. So what does ONR do to an exisitng sealant, I am concerned about their statement on how the polymers adhere to the finish to lift the dirt, sounds like it will negate my Meguiars #21 finihs which I am loving.

ONR doesn`t nothing more to the protection on the paint than would a traditional car wash soap.

Scottwax
10-03-2007, 10:51 PM
ONR doesn`t nothing more to the protection on the paint than would a traditional car wash soap.

Actually, the polymers tend to help improve slickness between washes. Whether or not it adds to the protection already on the paint, I can`t say for sure.

SuperBee364
10-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Is there anyway we can talk the moderators into making Scottwax`s "how I wash my car" thread a sticky?

It needs to be right up there with the secret decoder ring.

keithl
10-04-2007, 08:21 PM
So what about the glass, I assume I don`t use ONR ont he glass, I just hit that with somehting else? Probelm is I have silicon blades, if I windex the windshield I`ll kill the silicon coating.

mikebai1990
10-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Nope, ONR is fine for glass as well.

keithl
10-07-2007, 01:26 PM
OK ordered up my ONR so hopefully next weekend I`ll give it a try.

IP37
10-07-2007, 01:34 PM
let us know how it goes. been on water restriction here in augusta for a while now, and my new car should be here in a few weeks :) :(

keithl
10-07-2007, 08:55 PM
let us know how it goes. been on water restriction here in augusta for a while now, and my new car should be here in a few weeks :) :(

Will do, I`m here in ATL, so on the same restrictions you are on. Will try and take some pics to.

jesselyons2002
10-08-2007, 01:17 AM
I just want to know if QEW is as good as ONR. Cause I had ONR and already use the bottle. I seen QEW at the RV store where I live, but was afraid to get it. Cause I didn`t know if it was going to be the same like ONR

imported_altez
10-08-2007, 08:43 AM
I just want to know if QEW is as good as ONR. Cause I had ONR and already use the bottle. I seen QEW at the RV store where I live, but was afraid to get it. Cause I didn`t know if it was going to be the same like ONR

It is similar but others have mentioned that ONR is better. I think ONR just improved their old formula, it seems slicker, smells better, and stays blue!