PDA

View Full Version : Z8 or Z-cs?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Goofy Yno
10-03-2007, 10:02 AM
I love the look of my Z2/Z5 car. I`ve read different opinions on Z-cs for maintenance. so my question is, after my weekly wash, would you use Z8 or Z-cs (or both?).

I thought a poll would be fun.

gmblack3
10-03-2007, 11:03 AM
I would do Z8 every other wash and CS once a month. If you are going to use Both CS and Z8 at the same time, always use CS first then Z8.

imported_JoshVette
10-03-2007, 11:09 AM
I agree with GMBlack, just maintain it with Z6 or Z8 after every wash. But for waxing, use the CS and then Z8 after.

TigerMike
10-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Z8, by far. I actually think it`s a much better product than CS. It adds more appearance to the finish than CS, and retains better beading.

imported_GregCavi
10-03-2007, 11:22 AM
I tend to apply a coat of CS every couple months, and just Z8 after each wash. I find the ZCS to be very durable and applying 2 months is definitly overkill; however, I do it anyway. :)

Greg

Macruz19
10-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Z-8 IMO has better looks.

As for Z-CS, I`m having mixed feelings and results, so I`d rather stick with Z5p or Z2p, and top with Z-8 after a wash.

imported_memnuts
10-03-2007, 12:00 PM
I maintain with them all. Z6, Z8 and CS have subtle differences in their appearances.

Z6 -brightens, Z8- adds warmth and depth and CS - adds that dessert-like "POP" (gloss and wetness).

Whenever, I feel one of my vehicles is lacking one of these features, I use the requires product to re-establish the look "I" want.

NSXTASY
10-03-2007, 12:03 PM
I wouldnt say one or the other, BOTH. They each have their place, but like above, Z8 for wash maintenance, CS monthly, bi-monthly+.

Scottwax
10-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Z8, by far. I actually think it`s a much better product than CS. It adds more appearance to the finish than CS, and retains better beading.

I agree.

I still don`t *get* Clear Seal. IMO, it adds very little to the appearance and Z5/Z2 already have several months durability on their own so I don`t think either needs any help to last for a long time.

gmblack3
10-03-2007, 12:43 PM
As you can see on my Acura Legend here, CS does add alot for me.

This is ZAIO followed by 2x of CS:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4937/img2422ga8.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/4354/img2425va5.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3002/img2427oy4.jpg

Macruz19
10-03-2007, 12:57 PM
From my experience, CS adds a more sharper look to the other Z sealants, but after using Z-CS since it`s release, I noticed that Z-CS does not bead well compared to the standard Z-2p/ and Z5pro.

I can`t tell because I have "multi" layers of the sealants vs. a few coats of Z-CS.

For me to determine that my experience with Z-CS is legit, I plan on detailing my sisters 2006 Accord using straight up Z-CS.

The last detail I did to her car was in Feb 07. All I did was clay, 2x ZFX Z-2pro, and a coat

of Z-CS (in the sun), and my goodness, it lasted thru mostly the summer. Her car barely gets washed using NXT once a month at least, and no QD`ing. I`m surprised it held up long in the Florida weather.

Now, her next detail hopefully this weekend, I`ll take photos and post a new thread and update on how well Z-CS stands alone in my test. I`d like to see how well Z-CS stands out by itself since I can`t tell.

IMO, I love the beading from Z-2/5p, vs. Z-CS. We`ll see....

Scottwax
10-03-2007, 01:25 PM
As you can see on my Acura Legend here, CS does add alot for me.

This is ZAIO followed by 2x of CS:

No comparison shots of your car with just ZAIO vs ZAIO and CS?

gmblack3
10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
No comparison shots of your car with just ZAIO vs ZAIO and CS?

Sorry no shots like that Scott. I like ZAIO alot but it has never looked as good as this combo does (ZAIO and 2x of CS)

In this shot from 1 yr ago. I had fully polished the car and applied 3x of Z2pro 5 weeks before the pic.

Then the day of the pic, I did a QEW wash, Z6 and Z8:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4018/img1378rv9.jpg

NSXTASY
10-03-2007, 01:45 PM
I noticed that Z-CS does not bead well compared to the standard Z-2p/ and Z5pro.

I have noticed this as well, however, I find that vehicles sheet water remarkably well, better than Z2/Z5, with CS. Whether the sheeting is caused by CS directly, IDK.

~3 months ago I polished my roof, applied ZAIO, 1 X CS. On my trunk I polisealed and applied Natty Blue. Today, the CS is beading great, not the typical Zaino beading though, great gloss and sheeting. The trunk`s beading looks terrible and I need to re-apply something.

All in All, I like CS and have heard that they have revised the formula.

Macruz19
10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
I have noticed this as well, however, I find that vehicles sheet water remarkably well, better than Z2/Z5, with CS. Whether the sheeting is caused by CS directly, IDK.

~3 months ago I polished my roof, applied ZAIO, 1 X CS. On my trunk I polisealed and applied Natty Blue. Today, the CS is beading great, not the typical Zaino beading though, great gloss and sheeting. The trunk`s beading looks terrible and I need to re-apply something.

All in All, I like CS and have heard that they have revised the formula.

Don`t take my word for it, but I spoke to Sal about Z-CS when it was first released, and he told me Z-CS sheets water. I`m not sure if he said Z-7 or Z-CS. Don`t quote me on that. :nervous2:

That`s why I notice why Z-CS does not bead like the other Z`s. Don`t get me wrong, but I was blown away the first time I applied Z-CS, and the after results after it rained, but now I`m thinking that Z-CS isn`t as great as Z-2/ or Z-5 in terms of looks, and apperance. As I stated, Z-CS makes your existing polish or wax more "sharper".

This is the reason why I want to perform my own test on my sisters Accord using Z-CS as a stand alone.