PDA

View Full Version : Question meguiars finishing pads

White lexus 23
10-02-2007, 03:08 PM
i buffed my car to perfection last week. The other day i decided to top it off with megs polymer sealant #20 and via pc with a megs finishing pad. now when i catch it in teh sun just right i can see cobwebbing. could the pad have been to agressive even though its supposed to be there least agressive pad. if so are there any other brand of pads for finishing that are softer than the megs finising pad?

BlueZero
10-02-2007, 03:24 PM
I just received an order from Danase today with LC blue pads, those are really soft.

5" Blue CCS Foam Pad (Finishing) (http://www.danase.com/5blccsfopadf1.html)

PRB
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
On the W9000/W9006 tan colored pads, they seem almost too soft for many paints and polishes I`ve tried with them. Specifically, I use M82 Swirl Free Polish and the W8000 (yellow) usually gives me a better finish than the W9000. I think this is due to the W9000 being so absorbant that it doesn`t hold the product on the surface to fully break it down.

#20 does do a bit of cleaning...keep that in mind when using it...not sure how it may have factored into the results you`re seeing

I also wonder about towels and other factors. Was the marking uniform, almost little hooks or was it longer, sweeping cobweb looking marks?