PDA

View Full Version : product selection advice

chaddy
10-02-2007, 01:09 PM
I have done my share of researching and searching and I would like a little advice on some product selection. I am detailing my black 2002 WS6 and would like some recommendations. I am looking for a nice dripping wet look.

Polishes:

I have some menzerna FP and IP and I was kind of impressed with the results. I have a feeling that the hard GM clear was the reason I did not get the results that I wanted. What I am curious about polishes, is if switching to the polishes designed for ceramic clear would help. I am using a PC by the way. I have been looking at the menzerna polishes as well as the 1Z proline. There are tons of reviews on the menzerna ceramic clear polishes but I cannot seem to find much information on the 1Z proline stuff. The 1Z proline does say it is designed for the ceramic clears but costs quite a bit less. The other aspect of the 1Z that I noticed is that it is more hand polishing friendly. Which might come in handy as the front bumper on the car is a nightmare to attempt with a PC.

Glaze sealant:

I have been toying between the CG EZ creme glaze and CG WMF. I want a nice wet look but from what I have read they both seem to accomplish the same thing. If someone that has experience using both on black that would help alot. For a final sealant I plan on using jetSeal as from what I can tell it is one heck of a sealant.

Wax:

Wax is not much of an issue. I have Souveran and Natty`s blue. I plan on using either, probably make up my mind when the time comes. I have been happy with both thus far.

QD

I plan on using the CG Pro detailer plus white carnuba.

I would post some pics of the car but it is in for repairs right now. I destroyed my rear end at a drag racing event:cry: Who would have though that the stock rear end would not handle 517rwhp:lol

jshillin
10-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Get some SIP and if you want a glaze, go with Danase Wet Glaze nd then you can top that with sov.