PDA

View Full Version : Confusion over foam guns

d2mini
10-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I`m in awe over what I`ve seen while doing research here on foam guns so now i NEED to get one. :heelclick

Two questions that I couldn`t find answers too...

1. I am looking at Gilmour and AG. Is one better than the other? The foam from the AG looks pretty impressive.

2. I can`t quite afford to get the power washer just yet. Can either of the above guns be used with power washers or do you need foam guns made specifically for power washers?

Thanks!

stiffdogg06
10-02-2007, 10:45 AM
I am pretty sure the Gilmour can only be used with the hose. And for your power washer, you need a foam lance I believe.

d2mini
10-02-2007, 11:54 AM
I am pretty sure the Gilmour can only be used with the hose. And for your power washer, you need a foam lance I believe.

Can anyone confirm?

Is the connector/fitting a different size than a regular garden hose?

If so are their adaptors?

I`d really like to not have to buy one foam gun now and another later. And I would rather not wait until I can afford to buy the power washer. I want foam now! :drool:

Accumulator
10-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah, they are two different devices. It`s not just a matter of the connectors; the foam cannon/lance/etc. is designed to work with high pressure and the "regular" foamgun is designed to work with normal garden hose pressure.

VTechFan02
10-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Accumulator is correct and as far as I know the AG and the Gilmore are the same design. They just have different labels on them.

Can someone else who knows for sure confirm that?

I got mine from AG and am very happy with it!

-Frank

BobD
10-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Go with a Gilmour from Danase and save 10% with the discount code. ;)

d2mini
10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah, they are two different devices. It`s not just a matter of the connectors; the foam cannon/lance/etc. is designed to work with high pressure and the "regular" foamgun is designed to work with normal garden hose pressure.

POOP!

Well, I`m glad I asked.

But not glad that you guys are gonna make me break out my credit card. :bat

Must.... resist...

Can`t... hold on... much longer.... :help:

jimmie jam
10-02-2007, 04:09 PM
do it. i LOVE my gilmour and use it on everthing that isn`t welded down.:p

BlackElantraGT
10-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Here`s an informative thread. This should answer all your questions.

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/93000-foam-cannon-vs-foam-gun-review-everything-foam-thread.html?highlight=foam+cannon+review

FWIW, I have a foam cannon for my pressure washer. It hasn`t saved me any time from my wash process, since I continue to still use the 2 bucket traditional wash method. I use it as a pre-soak. It`s fun to use, but not a necessity and if you`re just starting out, your money could be better spent elsewhere.