PDA

View Full Version : need good dressing for exterior plastic trim

danEz_yoda
10-01-2007, 06:38 AM
I need a good dressing for exterior plastic trim that will not run in the rain. The first choice seemed to be the Aerospace 303 protectant but Ive read that it runs in the rain and makes a mess of the paint near the trim. Read the same about Vinelex (SP?).

Good ole AA doesn`t last long enough. I have tried Blacks Magic tire gell and that stuff is still running in the rain after a month. I need to use Naptha to get it off the chrome bumper after every wash.

Any suggestions?

Looking for medium to low gloss (not rediculous shinny)

long lasting (couple of weeks - a month)

doesn`t run or get washed off easily in the rain

I`m in Houston Tx (HOT/humid) if that makes a difference.

thanks.

:help:

Setec Astronomy
10-01-2007, 07:32 AM
I haven`t used either of these, but based on anecdotal evidence, the current bests seem to be Black Wow and the Ultima trim stuff.

BobD
10-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Give Danase Trim Dressing a try.

Setec Astronomy
10-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Yeah, or that Danase Trim Dressing...:D

BlueLibby04
10-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Ive tried both Megs ASD and megs GC trim detailer. They both last awhile but both will run in the rain after the initial application. After I wash it once, the GC trim detailer lasts longer and gives a better look longer, but its in a small bottle and takes longer to apply. I put it on my door handles that are plastic and they still look good after almost a month. They dont have that shiny finish that I had right after applying it, but they still have a nice satin finish.

Putting on to much product will cause it to run. If you leave it on for a few hours then go back and wipe it off, it will minimize the amount of running you receive.

stiffdogg06
10-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Top of the Line Auto Detailing Supplies (http://www.topoftheline.com) has some nice thing called, "Bumper and Molding Renew." It is awesome stuff for soo cheap. Nice matte/new look to the everything and beads water like no other.

NSXTASY
10-01-2007, 01:11 PM
I haven`t used either of these, but based on anecdotal evidence, the current bests seem to be Black Wow and the Ultima trim stuff.

+1, never used but look appealing

Danase Trim

TOL Bumper Renew

All great reccomendations!

StealthMode
10-03-2007, 12:21 AM
I used TW ICE paste on my black trim, it`s been on for a month and it still looks good, beads up nicely as well. I think I am just going top use it as a plastic trim dressing, only paid $6 for a can at Target, couldn`t pass it up. Just a thought :)

stiffdogg06
10-03-2007, 12:24 AM
I may have to do a durability test of TOL`s Bumper And Molding Renew. It`s like 9 bucks for 16oz or something. I think it`s been about 3 weeks since the last application and it still looks amazing and beads.. I also suggest TOL`s GR-40 trim cleaner. That stuff is stupidly good at cleaning trim. ;)

superblack350
10-03-2007, 12:37 AM
i tried so many and the top two are 303 aerospace and Klasse AIO. Klasse AIO for some reason does a great job and last very long. 303 does an ok for the time being but really have to redress every week or so.

danforz
10-03-2007, 01:15 AM
ZCS may be worth a try.