PDA

View Full Version : Why is S100 streaking so bad???

99MustangGTVert
10-01-2007, 03:11 AM
So after a few days with a small amount of AW over a month or so old layer of DG111, I applied S100 very lightly, didnt let dry and wiped. Streaked really bad. The hood was relatively warm, and I know they warn expressly against application if thats the case, I was just wondering what you guys thought?

The warm surface caused this, or the products are not compatible? I love the way S100 is so easy to use, and that smell is absolutely addicting. I want to rub it all over my girlfriend. :cooleek:

simracer
10-02-2007, 10:49 AM
I love the way S100 is so easy to use, and that smell is absolutely addicting. I want to rub it all over my girlfriend. :cooleek:

I have no experience with S100, but I have to say, that is FUNNY!:har:

sspeer
10-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I`m guessing Carnauba wasn`t what she was thinking when you mentioned Brazillian Wax

gmblack3
10-02-2007, 10:54 AM
If you put it on very light, then I would think it was the warm surface.

stiffdogg06
10-02-2007, 10:57 AM
So after a few days with a small amount of AW over a month or so old layer of DG111, I applied S100 very lightly, didnt let dry and wiped. Streaked really bad. The hood was relatively warm, and I know they warn expressly against application if thats the case, I was just wondering what you guys thought?

The warm surface caused this, or the products are not compatible? I love the way S100 is so easy to use, and that smell is absolutely addicting. I want to rub it all over my girlfriend. :cooleek:

Is it me or something? But I think it stinks and smells like Crayola crayons...:grinno:

Try it with the car cool and not warm. If it still does it, I believe the AW may be doing it. But I don`t see why it would... I`ve used S100 and never had problems with streaking.. But I usually let it haze even tho they say to buff off before it dries. It`s just ask easy to remove after it dries.

TigerMike
10-02-2007, 11:07 AM
The warm surface is baking the oils in S100 onto the paint leading to inherent streaking, nothing more I believe...

And, I can`t imagine who would think S100 smells good. I haven`t bought any in a while, but unless they added a fragrance to it, it smells horrid to me, like crayons and chemicals...

simracer
10-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Maybe he just has really fond memories of elementary school. :)

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
10-02-2007, 11:41 AM
I love the way S100 is so easy to use, and that smell is absolutely addicting. I want to rub it all over my girlfriend. :cooleek:

I had to step up from my desk and smell my s100 after this remark... Smells like crayons to me as well.

Now the Pete`s 53 that is sitting next to my S100, I sometimes smell that just for the heck of it... I`ve actually wondered what it would taste like!!

stiffdogg06
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
I had to step up from my desk and smell my s100 after this remark... Smells like crayons to me as well.

Now the Pete`s 53 that is sitting next to me S100, I sometimes smell that just for the heck of it... I`ve actually wondered what it would taste like!!

I`ve always wanted to taste natty`s blue too. :laugh:

99MustangGTVert
10-05-2007, 02:21 AM
Yeah its not a perfume smell thats for sure. But hell, I like the smell of Deisel and industrial gear oil as well. :drool: