PDA

View Full Version : Boutique Caranubas - Who has tried them all

Pages : [1] 2 3

pingable
09-30-2007, 07:29 PM
As the weather get`s cooler, I can tend to play with nuba`s more than in the summertime.

Granted, the most expensive `nuba I have in my stash is PS and have always considered trying out the Concorso at some point.....for those who have tried the upper tier boutique waxes, please enlighten me on the *look*. Or am I really grasping towards that extra 5% of a SUBJECTIVE look ?

CalgaryDetail
09-30-2007, 07:39 PM
As the weather get`s cooler, I can tend to play with nuba`s more than in the summertime.

Granted, the most expensive `nuba I have in my stash is PS and have always considered trying out the Concorso at some point.....for those who have tried the upper tier boutique waxes, please enlighten me on the *look*. Or am I really grasping towards that extra 5% of a SUBJECTIVE look ?

well I have lots to say so get ready.

each of the higher end waxes has its own distince look, each it a little diffrent. What you need to know is that is gets expentnaly expensive for tht little more. what I mean is tou may notice a little diffrence by going up a step, to go up one more step you will have to spend more then the previous step.

I would recomend starting with some of the lowe level "luxery" waxes such as zymol titanium or glasar. The reason is because the higher end waxes are applied and removed difrently. They behave diffrently then lots of less expensive waxes (at least this is what I have tried, and i have tried my fair share).

Like everything in life is subjective. there are lots of people who think spending 20 bucks on wax is a waste of money, there are others who will spend 2g and not think twice. You may find you fall in love with one thing and hate another regardless of price.

Dont let other people sway you, the only way YOU will know is if YOU try it.

Grimm
10-01-2007, 08:14 AM
I think it depends on how you feel about the waxes you already have. Do you see much of a difference between them? I love how great my cars look after polishing, but so far I really don`t see much difference in wax. So far I`ve used Collinite 845 and Nattys Blue and really cannot see much difference between the two, and this is on a black car which Nattys is supposed to really excel at. And to add to it, I like the slickness and the obvious durability aspect of the 845, so I`m really not that impressed with the Nattys. So far me, I don`t think any of the more expensive waxes will be worth the money, but I`m sure I will still buy a few more of the less expensive ones before I make any conclusions.

Dan
10-01-2007, 08:21 AM
I`ve tried *some* of the more expensive ($50+) carnauba waxes (Zymol EG`s, CG 50/50). They seem to make some people really happy but others are happy with something cheaper. My fav`s are still #26 and 845.

Cassman
10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I think it depends on how you feel about the waxes you already have. Do you see much of a difference between them? I love how great my cars look after polishing, but so far I really don`t see much difference in wax. So far I`ve used Collinite 845 and Nattys Blue and really cannot see much difference between the two, and this is on a black car which Nattys is supposed to really excel at. And to add to it, I like the slickness and the obvious durability aspect of the 845, so I`m really not that impressed with the Nattys. So far me, I don`t think any of the more expensive waxes will be worth the money, but I`m sure I will still buy a few more of the less expensive ones before I make any conclusions.

I recently bought some Natty`s and applied it to a clayed surface. On my black car, I was not impressed. It went on easily and came off easily, but I noticed no real darkening over NXT. I"ll try it again, but so far not overly impressed especially since it isn`t all that durable. So, I agree with your assessment.

Mikeyc
10-01-2007, 01:43 PM
well I have lots to say so get ready.

each of the higher end waxes has its own distince look, each it a little diffrent. What you need to know is that is gets expentnaly expensive for tht little more. what I mean is tou may notice a little diffrence by going up a step, to go up one more step you will have to spend more then the previous step.

I would recomend starting with some of the lowe level "luxery" waxes such as zymol titanium or glasar. The reason is because the higher end waxes are applied and removed difrently. They behave diffrently then lots of less expensive waxes (at least this is what I have tried, and i have tried my fair share).

Like everything in life is subjective. there are lots of people who think spending 20 bucks on wax is a waste of money, there are others who will spend 2g and not think twice. You may find you fall in love with one thing and hate another regardless of price.

Dont let other people sway you, the only way YOU will know is if YOU try it.

Well put! I also have tried many of the "high end" carnaubas . .

Zymol Concours

Zymol Vintage

Zymol Atlantique

Zymol Destiny

Pinnacle Sourveran

Chemical Guys Pete`s 53

Just to name a few. They`re all a little different in various ways and it really depends on what you`re looking for.

Junebug
10-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Anybody ever try those that TOL sells? like Pizazz?

SilverLexus
10-01-2007, 02:41 PM
I`ve tries most of the Zymols and most boutique waxes in general. Pinnacle Souveran and P21S are my two favorites. Natty`s Blue is quite good on dark cars. TOL`s Trade Secret is similar.

Newer sealants approach and sometimes equal the wetness of a high end carnauba and offer up better durability.

ALAN81
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM
I tried them all (except the really expensive waxes anything over $100) the last wax I ordered was Smart Wax last week just courious. They all make your car look different in different ways. I will only post my top 5 but then again its only my opinion

50/50

Souvern

Natty`s Blue

Victoria Yellow

Pete`s 53

on dark colors each wax has a different look to it.

TS is a beautiful wax but it stains trim

DM101
10-01-2007, 03:24 PM
I have tried many waxes. To me it is all about looks. Pin. Souveran low end and Zymol Vintage high end is where the buck stops.

icu812
10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
I to have tried many waxes high end and not so high end

and feel it is a preference as to what "you" like I still find myself going back to Megs #26 paste time and time again .

but, I`ve since started switching over to the sealants particulary the ones with an acrylic base as I feel they have more to offer ---> clarity, durability

but thats just me and my .02

DM101
10-01-2007, 04:15 PM
#26 is good stuff....sealants to me give a reflective look not the deep down depth and wettness of a nuba. JMHO

onelazydawg
10-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Pinnacle offers some nice waxes at a reasonable pricepoint. Soveran is simply beautiful. Never saw too much of a difference with Zymol except the requirement to apply by hand which sucks.

SilverLexus
10-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Never saw too much of a difference with Zymol except the requirement to apply by hand which sucks.

The apply by hand stuff is just marketing imho. I wish Zymol was more effective but I find the Pinnacle waxes look better than the Estate Glazes.

P1et
10-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Not to hijack this thread, but I have Pete`s `53 and have been looking at 50/50. Opinions on which is better?