PDA

View Full Version : My Detail & Wash Jobs

shortd81
06-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Hope this isn`t too long.....I said I would post my work day here is today not a bad day.

Pontiac Vibe - Hand Wash & Vac (Special Formula)
Before & After Pictures

Process: (I don`t know the lingo you use here so regular english) :D

Clean Tires & Rim with Auto Magic All Purpose
Hand Wash With Wash `n` Was (auto magic)
Windows and Vacumm

30 mins $15 :D

Didn`t want to make it too long but have plent of more to post if its ok.

GregCavi
06-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Pics arent working for me. Can you describe more into your process? Thanks

Greg

shortd81
06-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Got it working.

joyriide1113
06-22-2005, 10:39 PM
well i cant really see much of an improvement other than the majority of the grime that sits on the paint if off. the paint needs a polishing from wha i can see. but again if all that person paid was 15 dollars they wouldve just got a wash and dry. u shouldnt sell u`reself short despite the competition out there chargng 10 bucks. show them wha more money can buy.

shortd81
06-22-2005, 10:51 PM
well i cant really see much of an improvement other than the majority of the grime that sits on the paint if off. the paint needs a polishing from wha i can see. but again if all that person paid was 15 dollars they wouldve just got a wash and dry. u shouldnt sell u`reself short despite the competition out there chargng 10 bucks. show them wha more money can buy.

I agree with you. It just seems very hard to get business with charging someone what I think I`m worth. Honestly for what I did I usually charge $25 for a wash n vac.

I`m in Deland, Florida 15 mins outside Daytona.

joyriide1113
06-22-2005, 10:55 PM
I agree with you. It just seems very hard to get business with charging someone what I think I`m worth. Honestly for what I did I usually charge $25 for a wash n vac.

I`m in Deland, Florida 15 mins outside Daytona.

i had that same problem. i overcame by letting them come to me, and when theyd ask, id first show them befores and afters and explain the diff between a detail and a washnwax. im still not a professional. i dont really do it for income, but my details aren not for free anymore so whenever one is done, i make money off of it. i charge 45 for a maintenance wash and 30/hr for a detail.

shortd81
06-22-2005, 10:57 PM
i had that same problem. i overcame by letting them come to me, and when theyd ask, id first show them befores and afters and explain the diff between a detail and a washnwax. im still not a professional. i dont really do it for income, but my details aren not for free anymore so whenever one is done, i make money off of it. i charge 45 for a maintenance wash and 30/hr for a detail.

Not bad. I was thinking about charging an hourly rate for details. But anyhow what does you $45 maintenance wash consist of?

joyriide1113
06-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Not bad. I was thinking about charging an hourly rate for details. But anyhow what does you $45 maintenance wash consist of?

well obviously the maintenance would only be offered to clients who`ve had a detail done in the past month and followed up on their washes. im not strict about it either but i try to follow that guideline. that way my work always looks its best. i also tell them that if they do choose to wash their car somewhere else, to please not have them apply any type of protection for fear of cleaners and it cleanign off my protection i put.

process is

wheel/wells/tires scrubbed

body washed

interior vacuumed andair vents blown out.

wipe down on all interior plastic.

scotchguard spray on fabrics.

leather condition (if applicable)

all exterior newly dressed

qd or wax topper for extra 10 bucks

tires dressed/wells dressed all that in about an hour. i have a routine i follow that makes the washes quick

its njot those steps that kills me and amkes me charge more, its the polsihign that makes my prices go up. but i dont really feel like simple things like air vents and leather should be overlooked, when it can be quickly done.

zainoshine
06-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Wow...is it really necessary to ScotchGuard every time? I thought ScotchGuard lasted six months...oh well.

I charge $35 and up for a wash and wax. Right now, I`m just a student with my summer off and I try to make $20-$25/hr. Yes, I`d love to raise my prices, I just don`t feel that my market could tolerate it. I think that instead of lowering my actual quotes (I don`t actually charge on a per hour basis, but estimate the time, price on that, and if it takes me longer or shorter so be it), I should try to actually cut down the TIME it takes, thus having the same price (not to just raise it on the customer), but I`d be taking less time.

Bob
06-23-2005, 09:26 AM
You are in Daytona huh? I have lots of family in Ormond Beach. I have a business card from a mobile detailer called Rob`s Detailing or something from Daytona. Might want to see what someone like that charges.

joyriide1113
06-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Wow...is it really necessary to ScotchGuard every time? I thought ScotchGuard lasted six months...oh well. [QUOTE=zainoshine]

its those sprays u can get at autozone. i dont neccesarily tell them im scotchguarding their car and charging for it, i do it so it stays cleaner longer. i just spray on all fabric and done in 2 minutes tops.

shortd81
06-23-2005, 04:55 PM
You are in Daytona huh? I have lots of family in Ormond Beach. I have a business card from a mobile detailer called Rob`s Detailing or something from Daytona. Might want to see what someone like that charges.

Definetly. I would love that.