PDA

View Full Version : How does Sonus Total Eclipse compare to Aerospace 303?

imported_RedlineIRL
09-29-2007, 05:02 PM
How do these two products compare in terms of gloss and UV sun protection? I want to use it on some exterior pieces such as black plastics, coated rubber trim, and uncoated rubber trim. What opinions do you all have comparing them?

imported_bpfoley
09-29-2007, 10:16 PM
I have no experience with Sonus Total Eclipse, but I do have experience with 303. I have found 303 to be a poor choice for exterior applications. It diminishes after a rain or two and almost completely by the first wash on hard plastics and rubber. In fact, I cannot recommend a single exterior use for 303.

imported_RedlineIRL
09-29-2007, 10:41 PM
I have no experience with Sonus Total Eclipse, but I do have experience with 303. I have found 303 to be a poor choice for exterior applications. It diminishes after a rain or two and almost completely by the first wash on hard plastics and rubber. In fact, I cannot recommend a single exterior use for 303.

Thanks for the info on 303 exterior use. I`ve heard it works excellent on interiors, but haven`t heard a lot on exterior use. I guess I won`t be using 303 here then.

Bunky
09-30-2007, 07:10 AM

How do you judge performance? In my use so far, I would not call it an appearance dressing so I do not think you can really tell based upon its visual properties and I do not think you can easily measure the UV performance.