PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Magazines

baseballlover1
09-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Car Detailing Magazines? Do they exist? Any recomendations?

P1et
09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Not per se, but there are bodywork magazines that go over detailing.

mikebai1990
09-29-2007, 09:13 PM
This forum isn`t enough for you? :)

Scottwax
09-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Professional Car Washing and Detailing is available but most of the focus is on high volume car washes and detailing gets 4-5 pages a month. I find this site more useful.

However, if you want to check it out, here ya go. Professional Carwashing & Detailing Online :: Brought to you by Grand View Media (http://www.carwash.com/)

imported_rydawg
09-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Not per se, but there are bodywork magazines that go over detailing.

Hahaha...I do see these articles, but most of them have no clue what they are talking about and are still stuck in the 80"s. I just seen one that a magazine did using 3M and they messed it up really bad with how they use the product and application. Then they called Ultrafina a wax and applied it by hand using a rotary pad applying it by hand. I have never seen a hand pad that big. I will have to do a real how to for them.:spot

I still loved it years back in a magazine when a guy was using 3M wax on a rotary on a compounding pad stating he was removing defects. It`s just a shame when a magazine like those give 1000`s the wrong teaching method. But then again it keeps all of us busy fixing them.:thx

Mobilejay
09-29-2007, 11:26 PM
I was going to say what Scott said. Most of the mags are dedicated to tunnel car washes and things of that nature. Lots of 55 gallon drums of products and machines for the tunnels. Your best bet is looking at this site.