PDA

View Full Version : Wax for Silver

Sir Clean
09-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I would like to ask what wax or sealant you would recommend for a silver colored car. My previous car was red. So, my previous assortment of waxes/sealants may not work on silver as well as red.

I am trying to decide on which one I should apply next. The first application was TRIZ on the day 2 after getting the new car.

So far, I am trying to pick the next application from the following:

P21S

Klasse (silver bottle)

Pinnacle Souveran

Mequiars NXT Tech Wax (the one bought about 1.5 years ago)

TRIZ (SOFT99 - ‚s‚q‚h‚yÂiÆ’gÆ’â Æ’CÆ’YÂj (http://www.soft99.co.jp/products/detail/5/443))

I would like to choose from the above list as much as possible, as it would be so many different on the market.

CalgaryDetail
09-28-2007, 10:02 PM
one not on the list that would look great would be victoria wax collectors

civicex
09-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I like pinn ssII or liquid soveran better than regular soveran on my mettalic silver car.Victoria is some great stuff to.

imported_DieselMDX
09-28-2007, 10:17 PM
imo for a sealant zaino and a wax either souveran/victoria/zymol

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/86932-pick-my-lsp-silver-mdx.html

JRock10
09-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Werkstatt on silver. /thread

ricka
09-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Liquid Souveran for me. Doesn`t mute the metallic silver, easy to apply and wipe off. I usually put two coats on the hood, roof and trunk.

A little goes a long way too.

Invigor
09-29-2007, 11:13 PM
I use pinnacle ssII. makes the flakes dance.....well almost.

Accumulator
09-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Depends on the silver, e.g., I do *NOT* like the Klasse twins on Audi silver but they look fine on Mazda silver. Others I`ve used recently enough to remember:

FWIW my wife`s favorite LSP look on her silver Audis is Souveran paste.

My fave for silver is UPP.

I did *not* like P21S on the sorta-silver Jag, surprised me how much I disliked it.

The old Meg`s #16 is very nice on all silvers IMO and Collinite 845 is nice too.

BF darkens it a bit much for my taste.