PDA

View Full Version : Is it OK to not buff off every last drop of 476s?

Danny318
09-28-2007, 06:47 PM
And then just wash the car in 2 or 3 days to take care of any left overs? I put a heavy coat on my hood tonight, and buffing it off just scares me because I have to rub so much and so hard. I dont want to mess up my nice polishing job. I cant really see any wax left, but you know if you search with the halogen you`ll find a little haze somewhere.

Can I just leave that and wash the car in a few days when I am done polishing the whole thing down and putting wax on the whole thing, or would that comprimise the durability or something?

JeffM
09-28-2007, 06:50 PM
buff it off with some QD

Danny318
09-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Wont that interfere with the curing and bonding and all that ?

And, even so, can I still jsut leave it for a few days and then wash the car?

clnfrk
09-28-2007, 07:19 PM
You will do absolutely no harm by leaving some residue on there until your next wash.

Danny318
09-28-2007, 07:41 PM
:bow

Thank you.

Now, can I put another layer on say...in 24 hours even if there still might be a tiny bit of residue hidden in there somewhere?

99blackSE
09-28-2007, 08:07 PM
:bow

Thank you.

Now, can I put another layer on say...in 24 hours even if there still might be a tiny bit of residue hidden in there somewhere?

I would give it a wash anyways, followed by QD, then throw another layer on.

clnfrk
09-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Yeah, personally I would either wash it again (definitely if the car has been driven during that 24hr waiting period), or very lightly feather surface with a clean damp microfiber towel to remove any dust or dirt that is sure to have landed on the finish. I would use this method if the car wash parked in the garage.

Now, if the car was parked outside, I would probably opt for the rewash, or at the very least a rinse off.

Danny318
09-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah the car is not going to be drivin. But I just looked at the hood in the sun and it is all streaked up and wax hologramed up. Well not that bad, but you know. So I am definatly gonna wash it once I finish the rest of the car.

Any chance the extra wax will not come off when I wash the car ?

velobard
09-29-2007, 01:45 PM
The key to using Collinite is to use **thin** coats. Anything else and you`re wasting product and making more work for yourself. Of course, that`s true for any LSP.

Danny318
09-29-2007, 01:51 PM
yeah, I have trouble with that.