PDA

View Full Version : Winter Prep

Djulin
09-28-2007, 07:35 AM
I have a new 07 White GTI and I`m going to be getting her ready for this winter. Here`s a quick rundown of what I plan on using. I`m new to detailing so please let me know what you guys think and feel free to give me any suggestions.

Wash (NXT)

Clay

Wash

Klasse twins (x2)

PB E-XP (x2)

Collinite 845 (x2)

99blackSE
09-28-2007, 08:06 PM
It looks good, I have used the Klasse twins before for winter protection and they held up wonderfully. I did KAIO 1x followed SG 3x. To be honest though it might be a bit of overkill?

What are you winters like?

We get snow from as early as mid October all the way to April sometimes, it even dumped a foot in May a few years ago. I guess temps are also important too, -40+ C in that regards so they are quite tough ```````s (the winters) overall.

This winter I am just doing layers of Collonite 476 as a test run, but I think with KAIO for prep, 2-3x SG layers, would be fine wax optional?

imported_grease
09-28-2007, 08:17 PM
I have a new 07 White GTI and I`m going to be getting her ready for this winter. Here`s a quick rundown of what I plan on using. I`m new to detailing so please let me know what you guys think and feel free to give me any suggestions.

Wash (NXT)

Clay

Wash

Klasse twins (x2)

PB E-XP (x2)

Collinite 845 (x2)

Forget the EX-P...

KAIO + KSG (klasse twins) + 845 will work great as a winter combo.