PDA

View Full Version : cleaning interior without chemicals

sahiwal007
09-27-2007, 10:21 PM
hey, just received my 08` G37 coupe black on black and i was wondering how to clean my interior without chemicals, basically i want to remove the dust build up on the dash, console etc... but i dont want to use any chemicals because its a brand new car, what can i use to clean? and also since i have black interior there`s always greasy residue (from hand marks and fingermarks) left behind on the leather seats and the leather on the door handle, is there a way to remove it? it gets annyoing lol plz help me :)

thanks alot guys! :)

White lexus 23
09-27-2007, 10:32 PM
just use clean microfibers on the plastic you could dampen them a bit with water it they dont pick up dust. as far as the leather your going to have to use some kinda cleaner and conditioner because leather is like skin you have to keep it clean, i dont think there is really a way around it. but like i said before a dry microfiber should wipe off the prints.

NickelPlated.45
09-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Damn mf. Or you could try woolite mixed with water. It`s very gentle.

imported_JoshVette
09-27-2007, 10:38 PM
just use clean microfibers on the plastic you could dampen them a bit with water it they dont pick up dust. as far as the leather your going to have to use some kinda cleaner and conditioner because leather is like skin you have to keep it clean, i dont think there is really a way around it. but like i said before a dry microfiber should wipe off the prints.

I agree, just a damp MF and treat the leather with a conditioner regularly.

sahiwal007
09-27-2007, 11:03 PM
thanks so what are my options on the leather grease marks? what can i use to take off?

thanks

MikeWinLDS
09-27-2007, 11:20 PM
You could try using a steam cleaner that has an attachment for fabrics and leather.

sahiwal007
09-28-2007, 12:01 PM
any sprays i could buy?

My5ABaby
09-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Is there a problem with chemicals on new interiors? I was planning on putting 303 on the interior of my 2 month old car.

inov8ter
09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
I would get the 303, it really works great, and leaves the dash and interior looking new. it is non-greasy, dull finish. Works good, and it has UV protectants in it if i am not mistaken.

inov8ter
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM
if you do not want to use any chemicals, +1 for a damp cloth. Also I belive i got this product at either target or Mejier. I think it was Meijer. But it is about 5 inches long by 4 wide. it is sort of a sponge. but you use it dry, it works awesone on picking up dust of dashes. kind of feels like a mix between a regular sponge, but with a rubbery feel...if that makes any sense. it is a reddish orange color. I will see if I can find a picture of it online.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Damp MF will do the trick... I was given a "california duster" made for interiors, I nevr really use it anymore but from what i remember it worked pretty well.

Ern
09-28-2007, 02:06 PM
I do what they do. I use a damp MF or I use Meguiars Interior Detailer just becuase I can get it locally. If im really cleaning, ill use Megs APC at 10:1 for most stuff.