PDA

View Full Version : Washing with foamguns

Ern
09-27-2007, 01:47 PM
I want to know how many of you wash just with the foamgun only? I saw a video somewhere around here of a guy washing just the car with the foamgun. He was spraying before the lambswool mit? Does this work good at all? Do you rinse the mit out? I always just foamed to let the car soak for about 2-5 minutes then do a 2 bucket method.

Don GM
09-27-2007, 01:53 PM
I wash strickly with a foam gun, still using a rinse bucket. I foam the whole vehicle, let it dwell for about 3 minutes, agitate the body panels and rinse. After each panel I clean the lambswools mitt in the rinse. After that I foam each wheel/well individually, clean and rinse.

purplenurple
09-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I want to know how many of you wash just with the foamgun only? I saw a video somewhere around here of a guy washing just the car with the foamgun. He was spraying before the lambswool mit? Does this work good at all? Do you rinse the mit out? I always just foamed to let the car soak for about 2-5 minutes then do a 2 bucket method.

I`ve been doing this as well, but I think that I might just try spraying, letting soap to dwell, rinsing, and then spraying again + going over with mitt (rinsing after every panel - top to bottom like usual)

jesselyons2002
09-27-2007, 02:05 PM
So would you use two method with this or one rinse bucket ???? Because I been using two with my foam gun and it use more soap and I have to keep buying more. Well that just me.

purplenurple
09-27-2007, 02:19 PM
So would you use two method with this or one rinse bucket ???? Because I been using two with my foam gun and it use more soap and I have to keep buying more. Well that just me.

Yea soaking with foam gun and then using the 2 bucket method uses 50%-100% more soap. This is why I am tempted to use the foamgun + just a rinse bucket.

Ern
09-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Yea soaking with foam gun and then using the 2 bucket method uses 50%-100% more soap. This is why I am tempted to use the foamgun + just a rinse bucket.

This is one of the reasons why i asked. I think i might do the same, unless its really dirty and I feel I wanna use or need to use 2 buckets.

imported_Detailing Technology
09-27-2007, 08:03 PM
I just bought one of those foam lances from Auto Brite in the UK. We`ll see how that works. I got Super Snow Foam also.

I have a contract with a British bank right now, so the shipping is gratis....

09-27-2007, 08:12 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/justindoria/foamjiz.jpg

This is what I am looking for in a faom "lance" "gun"......Like shaving cream on the paint.

09-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Carry the particles away with the effervescence of the soap.

Then clean it with a boars hair.

jesselyons2002
09-27-2007, 08:24 PM
This is one of the reasons why i asked. I think i might do the same, unless its really dirty and I feel I wanna use or need to use 2 buckets.

Well the only thing I had to get use to, when I got my foam gun is holding it in one hand a sparying it the direction I was bring the mitt.

09-27-2007, 08:28 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/justindoria/foamjizz.jpg

Another pic.

09-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I am not taking credit for the "foam" in the pictures. I found these shots and had to buy the foam lance they were using. And the soap.

Ern
09-27-2007, 10:19 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/justindoria/foamjiz.jpg

This is what I am looking for in a faom "lance" "gun"......Like shaving cream on the paint.

Where can you get a mat like that? I want something like that to keep the water from going everywhere in my garage.

Accumulator
09-28-2007, 08:55 AM

I still use the two-bucket method, just use the foam for a presoak and, more importantly, to provide constant flushing and lubrication between the finish and my wash media. Takes a bit of practice to spray the foam along the area of contact while jiggling the mitt at the same time.

But- I`ve found that *ON A CAR THAT`S NOT VERY DIRTY* I can sometimes wash pretty much without any buckets, using just the foamgun. Gotta use a BHB for this, though, not a mitt. The BHB rinses clean in the stream of suds, but a mitt won`t IME.

Evidence: when I wash (with foamgun) using BHBs, my rinse buckets are basically dirt-free at the end of the wash. When I do it with mitts, the rinse buckets have dirt in them.

So IMO if you wash with a mitt, better still dunk it in the rinse bucket. And then I`d also dunk it in a shampoo solution bucket so it`s thoroughly saturated with shampoo mix before it touches the paint.