PDA

View Full Version : how do i get egg off ?

boostedsti06
09-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I came out of work today and found a few eggs on my car. I am guessing they had been sitting for awhile because i went and washed my car and scrubbed it good and its still there but only the outline, i cant feel anything. So i am guessing that it sat on the car for at least 5 hours. i tried wax quite a few times and it didnt get it all off, now what ???

Setec Astronomy
09-27-2007, 11:52 AM
When you say the outline, do you mean the outline of where the shell hit? Or where the contents splattered out? Because the shell causes a whole series of micro-chips that you can`t do anything about. The liquid part of the egg...well, I had one on my old car that I was never able to get the stain out from.

cgage
09-27-2007, 12:04 PM
This recently happened to me, i just QD`d it off with a microfiber. It left some small residue that can be buffed off.

AL-53
09-27-2007, 12:46 PM
I believe I read some where that the Amino acids in a egg can etch paint very fast if let sit in the sun and dry...also as Setec said..the shell alone will cause many tiny chips in paint...Ketch from Auto Int had a article on egg splatter....he said a paints worse night mare....

AL

dave40co
09-27-2007, 04:04 PM
If there are micro-chips you can use a sharpie to fill in the color and use a wax on top, not a cleaner wax though. It will hide the chips for a while. I used it on silver and it worked well.

BigAl3
09-27-2007, 05:13 PM
i used APC (QD didn`t cut it) and a microfiber towel just the other day on a neighbors jetta that was egged...

velobard
09-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Do a search here for egg or egging and look at some of the previous threads. There`s plenty of them. It will also give you a chance to see some of the paint damage others have experienced.