View Full Version : So, foamguns

cvpiftw
09-27-2007, 01:37 AM
How much easier do they make life

Where can i get one cheap

Any way of cheaping out on one?

stiffdogg06
09-27-2007, 01:39 AM
They lessen the chance of marring the paint during the wash step.

How cheap is cheap to you? The Gilmour is $50-60 depending on where you get them

The cheapest thing I have found was at lowes. It was 10 bucks in the garden section. I guess it could be considered a replacement if you want the low end kind of thing.

cvpiftw
09-27-2007, 01:40 AM
part of me wants one, part of me thinks its too much money for a beginner weekend warrior like i am, just a noob. I am 16 FFS.

stiffdogg06
09-27-2007, 01:51 AM
I`m only 19. If you are going to do this once ever 4-6 months. Then I guess it may not be worth it.

It all depends if it`s worth it to YOU. Do you think you`ll use? Do you think you`ll get an advantage from it?

Anosmiac
09-27-2007, 01:52 AM
I have been using either a Craftsman powerwasher (soap attachment), or the two bucket method with your standard garden hose attachment. I received a foaming gun yesterday that I used for the first time today, and it was a night/day difference! Foamed the whole car, let it soak for about 5 minutes, rinsed, and then did the whole car with Dawn/sheepskin mit. No additional micromarring, and made my life a lot easier.

The high-end auto foaming gun is worth it...if you like your car, or your customer`s!

cvpiftw
09-27-2007, 01:58 AM
im debating on it

because it is not uncommon for oil to spill all over a customers car at the shop, and we have to wash it and wax.

willtothewong
09-27-2007, 09:16 AM
i too am interested in a foam gun but i dont think i`ll get those less expensive models.

if i am going to get one, it will have to be "good"

RIDDLE
09-27-2007, 11:03 AM
i too am interested in a foam gun but i dont think i`ll get those less expensive models.

if i am going to get one, it will have to be "good"

seriously. i thought i could avoid paying $60 for a foam gun. i about about 3 or 4 $10-$15 dollar ones and theyre all pretty much crap. spend the $60 and get the gilmore.

jimmie jam
09-27-2007, 11:46 AM
i bought a gilmour for $60 shipped and just used it 30 min. ago. it is a great tool and worth the $. you will not find a cheaper gun that works as well as this one IMHO. I LOVE MINE.:grinno:

jesselyons2002
09-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Don`t get the half gallon one. You seriously won`t use all the foam in it and it will eat away at you soaps

VTechFan02
09-27-2007, 12:02 PM
I use the Gilmour and I like it. Easy to use. For me, my main goal is not saving time it is reducing/eliminating marring and I think it deff helps with that.

-Frank

YoMike
09-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Cheaper than Gilmore, plastic fittings instead of brass.

video, eZall (http://www.ezall.com/videofoamer.html)

$27 + $5 shipping

eZall eZ Foamer @ Kyhorse.com (http://www.kyhorse.com/store/groomingequipment/groomeez.htm)

http://www.kyhorse.com/store/images/Foamer2.jpg

Accumulator
09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
because it is not uncommon for oil to spill all over a customers car at the shop, and we have to wash it and wax.

Huh?!? If a tech so much as gets a fingerprint on one of my vehicles they`ll not soon forget it. Why would anybody spill anything on anything? Sorry if that sounds nasty, but seriously....

bwlucas
09-27-2007, 01:08 PM
I`ve had my Glimour gun for about a month now. One, it`s a ton of fun. Two, it seems to clean the car much easier in addition to the two bucket method. And three, it makes you look like you know what you`re doing in front of your neighbors. :chuckle:

Foamed the whole car, let it soak for about 5 minutes, rinsed, and then did the whole car with Dawn/sheepskin mit. No additional micromarring, and made my life a lot easier.

The high-end auto foaming gun is worth it...if you like your car, or your customer`s!

Dawn? Were you detailing / putting on a coat of wax afterwards?...

cvpiftw
09-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Huh?!? If a tech so much as gets a fingerprint on one of my vehicles they`ll not soon forget it. Why would anybody spill anything on anything? Sorry if that sounds nasty, but seriously....

It happens

Mostly not our fault either.