PDA

View Full Version : Whats better on oxidation, AIO or Sonus SFX-1 Restore Polish

cvpiftw
09-27-2007, 01:35 AM
To talk what were dealing with here =

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6719/picture1776customya6.jpg

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/826/picture1780customid2.jpg

No, i dont have a rotary or any buffer for that matter. I just want to try my best on this.

So, what will work better

Klasse AIO or Sonus SFX-1 Restore Polish

And also, the sonus and klasse works well on swirl marks, right. Swirls are on a different car.

clnfrk
09-27-2007, 01:50 AM
Klasse AIO is more of a chemical cleaner rather than something you would want to use for oxidation. It`s main purpose is to prepare the surface for final LSP application, or to clean and protect somewhat if you don`t plan on applying anything over it. So, I would have to say that SFX-1 would be the better choice out of the two, although imo, depending on the severity of the oxidation and marring it still may be too mild. Don`t even bother trying to use AIO for swirl mark removal.

ron231
09-27-2007, 02:13 AM
I hate to ruin your day, but that top picture is not oxidation, its clearcoat failure.

KAIO works well on oxidation, but to remove swirl marks you need a machine (unless you want to fill).

Cleaning Fool
09-27-2007, 04:27 AM
If Im doing this by hand, Klasse.

coupe
09-27-2007, 06:14 AM
Looks like CC failure

willtothewong
09-27-2007, 09:18 AM
I think the sfx-1 will suit your needs for swirls better than Klasse all in one will

the swirler removing power of klasse isn`t as good as sfx-1 i believe

BigJimZ28
09-27-2007, 09:36 AM
KAIO is very good @ removing oxidation and

if working by hand is a better choice

it will not do much of anything for the swirls though

I am not seeing CC failure(it could be your problem but I just can`t see it)

edit : in the top pic is that a light reflection or something on the paint

if it not light reflection the it is CC failure and nothing but a repaint will fix

could I see a picture of your clean dry car are little futher away?

you will not be able to remove swirls marks by hand

cvpiftw
09-27-2007, 12:13 PM
the top pic is something in the paint - thinking oxidation

coupe
09-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Oxidation isnt really *in* the paint, it is but not as much as *on top* of the paint.

I personaly have never seen CC oxidize.

cvpiftw
09-27-2007, 12:18 PM
bottom pic is same thing

if the car was acid bombed, think i could file this as a insurance claim?

Is this oxidation, think maybe a acid bomb?

cvpiftw
09-28-2007, 02:03 AM
um, what should i get to fill/remove swirls, wax, and all that good stuff?

ron231
09-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Sorry but upon closer inspection, you definitely have clearcoat failure. You can buff, polish, glaze, seal, and wax that all you want but nothing short of a repaint will fix clearcoat failure.

Sorry :( I know it hurts...

cvpiftw
09-28-2007, 02:55 AM
ok

anything for oxidation that will help?

There is major oxidation.

ron231
09-28-2007, 03:27 AM
I honestly do not think you have any oxidation, that car is a relatively recent model cadillac so I highly doubt it is not clearcoated, and I have never seen a clearcoat oxidize. I think all the spots you think are oxidation are just clearcoat failure, but I could be wrong.

You asked about removing swirls and scratches and oh boy I could go on for days about that but I am gonna let someone else handle that for now, just know that if you want to do it right you need a machine.

cvpiftw
09-28-2007, 11:55 AM
I honestly do not think you have any oxidation, that car is a relatively recent model cadillac so I highly doubt it is not clearcoated, and I have never seen a clearcoat oxidize. I think all the spots you think are oxidation are just clearcoat failure, but I could be wrong.

You asked about removing swirls and scratches and oh boy I could go on for days about that but I am gonna let someone else handle that for now, just know that if you want to do it right you need a machine.

Actually, if you want to go on about it, PM me, or post it here

i really want to learn, but i realize alot of the guides on here are VERY biased.