PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting my chance..

Hey, Moe!
09-26-2007, 07:12 PM
I`m the lucky guy with the friend who loaned me his Porsche Cayman S two weekends ago. He and I are going to play a little tennis early Saturday morning, and then I`m taking the Cayman home with me to give it some it some TLC. It has some swirling (dealer installed, no less), some bug residue and other road grime, but certainly not trashed.

I am going to wash it, and clay, using either Sonus green or Clay Magic.

I would appreciate any advice on polishes/LSPs. Here`s what I have on hand. I have a PC, and use a flexable backing plate, as well as six-inch and four-inch pads. The six-inchers are Sonus DAS pads, the four-inchers include a yellow and white one (got them from Excel, can`t remember the brand).

Polishes - Optimum Polish, Poli-Seal, RMG, Vanilla Moose.

LSPs - IW, Meg`s #16, Natty`s Blue, Opti-Seal

The Cayman is non-metallic black.

Any advice/suggestions?

Thanks!

mikebai1990
09-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Looking at your polishes, I`d definitely go for the OP. Most correction ability of the four. However, it`s possible that it may not be strong enough for the correction you may need (I`m just guessing). OC or OHC would be a good choice.

LSPs... You got a lotta good stuff! I`d probably go with the Optiseal. Wet look+excellent durability.

Hey, Moe!
09-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Oh, and I have some Poorboys` SSR 2.5. Any comments on its polishing abilities vs. OP?

NSXTASY
09-26-2007, 11:27 PM
OP 4in

PoliSeal 4in

Optiseal for durability or Natty for looks

Poliseal and Optiseal on wheels

coupe
09-27-2007, 06:28 AM
DAS pads are 7"

Hey, Moe!
09-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Not the only time I`ve been an inch short ; )