PDA

View Full Version : Black Wow vs. Utlima Tire & Trim Guard

Pages : [1] 2

imported_RedlineIRL
09-26-2007, 07:04 PM
I haven`t really seem much discussion between Black Wow and Ultima Tire & Trim Guard. For those that have actually used both, which seems to work the best? I`d like to use it on some plastic body trim and the plastic wheel well liners, and also have a little bit of gloss. Also, does one clean off eaier than the other incase of getting it on undesired painted or glass areas?

YoMike
09-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I`m experimenting with Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss on the hard black plastic cowl piece under the windshield wipers. So far looks good nice black not to glossy. Don`t know how long it will last thou.

wannafbody
09-26-2007, 07:48 PM
I like the look of Tropicare non silicone tire dressing on textured plastic. It`s pretty durable too.

SpoiledMan
09-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I have some pictures of the Ultima TTG if you`d like see.

stiffdogg06
09-26-2007, 08:08 PM
I honestly wouldn`t use BW on wheel wells. Lol too expensive to waste a product like that.

Now on it trim, its a different story! Stuff is amazing!:woohoo:

imported_RedlineIRL
09-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I`m experimenting with Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss on the hard black plastic cowl piece under the windshield wipers. So far looks good nice black not to glossy. Don`t know how long it will last thou.

Keep us updated on how it holds up, especially in water.

I like the look of Tropicare non silicone tire dressing on textured plastic. It`s pretty durable too.

Does it wash off as soon as it rains?

I have some pictures of the Ultima TTG if you`d like see.

Sure. I haven`t seen any with the Ultima. I`d hate to buy it to find out it doesn`t look like I expected.

I honestly wouldn`t use BW on wheel wells. Lol too expensive to waste a product like that.

Now on it trim, its a different story! Stuff is amazing!:woohoo:

Well, the reason I was going to use BW or Ultima TTG on the wheel wells is becuase it doesn`t wash off with just water contact. I figured it would be an easy way to keep the dark shine without having to apply a dressing after washing.

SpoiledMan
09-27-2007, 02:22 AM
Here we go. 1 coat...

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4402.JPG

MikeWinLDS
09-27-2007, 02:38 AM
Looks very smooth and satiny, kinda like running your hand across one of those hard anodized aluminum pots in the kitchen.

imported_RedlineIRL
09-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I think the Ultima would look good in the well wells since it has no shine at all. Does it really bead up like a wax when it comes in contact with water?

Anyone have pics of trim with Black Wow on them?

Bigpoppa3346
09-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Why would you use such an expensive product in the wells? Why not just use a cheaper dressing at every wash instead of wasting a $40 bottle of dressing in the wells? Just wash the wells at every wash then re-apply the dressing.

Megs Hyper Dressing is less than $40 for a gallon, and dilutes from 1:1 to 1:4.

imported_RedlineIRL
09-28-2007, 06:47 PM
What about the Sonus Total Eclipse, has anyone tried it in fender wells? How well does it work? It apparently offers the same water resistant protectant as Black Wow and Ultima but at a lower price.

Pats300zx
09-28-2007, 07:10 PM
What about the Sonus Total Eclipse, has anyone tried it in fender wells? How well does it work? It apparently offers the same water resistant protectant as Black Wow and Ultima but at a lower price.

Why don`t you just get youself a cheap tire dressing. If you wash frequently and dress your wells often its your best option. I got tons of bottles of Street Appeal Tire Dressing from the Dollar Store. 32 ounces for $1. I must have 10 bottles. I am set for like 3 years.

I save my Griots Undercarriage Spray for car shows.

imported_RedlineIRL
09-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Why don`t you just get youself a cheap tire dressing. If you wash frequently and dress your wells often its your best option. I got tons of bottles of Street Appeal Tire Dressing from the Dollar Store. 32 ounces for $1. I must have 10 bottles. I am set for like 3 years.

I save my Griots Undercarriage Spray for car shows.

I figured a water resistant protectant would save me some time after I wash my car. I always wash and dress the wheel wells and tires after I wash, since it is usually washed away. With a water resistant protectant, I would not have to apply it as often. That way I could get by with just rinsing off the wheel wells.

BigAl3
09-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Why don`t you just get youself a cheap tire dressing. If you wash frequently and dress your wells often its your best option.

agreed, there`s no reason for me to buy an expensive tire dressing, especially when i wash my car weekly (if i had a garage queen it would be a different story). AA tire foam & tire gel work great!

as far as trim gel... i am still searching for one that lasts and doesn`t dissappear after one wash, the ultima tire & trim guard looks promising...

mparker30
09-28-2007, 09:02 PM
spoiled man that looks great. Just from looking at that picture I had to order the ultimate tire and trim guard. I also have a black rr sport and I have used poorboys trim restorer with no luck cause it streaks when it rains. Now I use 303 or the 1z vinyl protectant but it gives a tempoary shine. Im not really looking for shine but just that new appearance. I hope I made a good choice.