PDA

View Full Version : AutoGeek`s New Look

Pages : [1] 2

BlackElantraGT
09-25-2007, 10:08 PM
I visit AG`s site often to do my online "window shopping" so I was surprised to see their site look completely different when I just went on there a couple of minutes ago.

I have to say that I really like the new look and from what I can tell so far, it seems to be more simplified than before. The best thing I like about their site is that the "Shop By Brand" link is the first link you click on underneath "Shop AutoGeek". Since they have such a wide selection of product, this is the link I use the most to do my shopping, otherwise I`d have trouble finding items. I have to give them props for having one of the most user-friendly webstore, and that`s not an easy task considering they have the most products out of anyone.

Bob from Danase, if you`re reading this I hope you take into consideration your link for "Shop By Brand" because even though you have this link on your page, it`s not as easy to find as other sites. Also, on your site when you click on "Shop By Brand" and go to one of the manufacturers, let`s say Four Star for example, it doesn`t list all the products on one page and if I didn`t look carefully, I would miss the link at the bottom that says "More Results". You could fit more products on one page if you left out the product description. Just some suggestions from your average web consumer.

EDIT: I just noticed that they now include a drop down list for "Shop By Brand", so you don`t even have to click on the link. Very nice feature, AG!

BigAl3
09-25-2007, 10:13 PM
i agree, it`s definitely more user friendly! :up

imported_DieselMDX
09-25-2007, 10:17 PM
it will take some getting used to but it is nice

Paulie Walnuts
09-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Now if they could just learn how to reply to emails in under 2 weeks.

BobD
09-26-2007, 07:34 AM
[quote name=`BlackElantraGT`]

Bob from Danase, if you`re reading this I hope you take into consideration your link for "Shop By Brand" because even though you have this link on your page, it`s not as easy to find as other sites. Also, on your site when you click on "Shop By Brand" and go to one of the manufacturers, let`s say Four Star for example, it doesn`t list all the products on one page and if I didn`t look carefully, I would miss the link at the bottom that says "More Results". You could fit more products on one page if you left out the product description. Just some suggestions from your average web consumer.

QUOTE]

Yeah, if I had more autopians who supported autopia sponsors I would be able to afford to have the site redesigned. :grinno:

For now, all I can do is continue to offer excellent customer service that I know people won`t get with some other places. :)

BlackElantraGT
09-26-2007, 01:31 PM
I`m not saying your site needs a full redesign, but if you just made the "Shop By Brand" link more visible or easily accessible it would help your site tremendously.

How are you currently administering your site, on your own or do you pay someone else to do things like add new items, put sales prices, etc.?

Now I am no web designer nor am I competent enough in HTML/XML/PHP, or any coding language for that matter, but based on how your site looks and operates, I`m going to guess whoever created it used some kind of open-source software to do it and it wasn`t written by code from the ground up.

If this is the case, then it`s possible for you to learn to make changes on the site on your own. I never took the time to read all the tutorials and play with it all the time, but the little that I did learn I was able to make simple changes like add tabs and links and move them around in the order I wanted them to appear. Even if you had to pay to get it done, I don`t think it`s anything hard or costly to do because a competent web admin should be able to do that fairly quickly.

Anyway, I hope you don`t take this as me putting down your site or your business. I want to see you be just as successful as the bigger geeks, that is why I`m giving you recommendations on how the shopping experience on your site can be made to be more user-friendly.

But I am just one person. Maybe most people don`t use "Shop By Brand", who knows? Anyone else care to offer any input?

BobD
09-26-2007, 01:35 PM
I was just kidding with you.

I do do all of the management of the site on my own but the design work was done by an outside firm for me since my artistic abilities are not the best. I actually have a guy working on making the side bar easier to read and navigate as we speak.

Also, I am pretty sure Autogeek and myself and most of the big stores are using Yahoo Stores. They seem to be the best in my eyes.

Paulie Walnuts
09-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Bob you have my business and always will unless there is something I cant get through you!!

And yes the shop by brand is TREMENDOUSLY helpful.

BobD
09-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Ok, I moved the "Shop By Brand" to the top. ;)

BlackElantraGT
09-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Ok, I moved the "Shop By Brand" to the top. ;)

YES! Thanks, Bob! No more hunting for that link :D

Stryder
09-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Now if they could just learn how to reply to emails in under 2 weeks.

:werd: I think if you are not one of their main posters on their board, they kinda ignore you. I emailed them once with a question about a product and it went unreplied. I then emailed them on the 17th of this month to try to get a RMA issued. Well they didn`t reply until the 21st. I replied back with answers to their questions but they never got back to me. So I had to call them yesterday (25th), and they said a RMA was either going to be issued the same day or the next (today). I just checked my email and nothing, nada, zilch!

I`ve heard that their customer service is outstanding, but from personal experience, I think they suck! :mad: and don`t get me started on their product lines... :nomore:

mikebai1990
09-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Dunno.. Autogeek hasn`t been a problem for me, and nor hav any of the detailing places that I buy from (Danase!). I`ve emailed them about a backing plate that was separating. Bought it last December. They replied within 2 days and issued a free replacement for me.

red4.8
09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
1,000 times better :spot

paul34
09-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Definitely better!

Unfortunately, it seems all that improved was a pure visual thing. They still suffer from their severe poor organization. Want to find something but have never visited AG before? Go ahead, try taking a look on the left hand menu. What in the world?

I find Bob`s site a bit more logical in regards to organization. I mean, you can have the prettiest site in the world (even if you are obsessed with stock Corvette photography), but if its functional... whats the point?

Anyway, since I know what I want, its not a hassle for me. I usually shop by brand at AG if I ever go there anyway. Otherwise its nearly impossible to find anything.

But for someone new to detailing, they would definitely be extremely confused. This has always been a problem for AG... I would have hoped they would have put more effort into actually just reorganizing the site rather than adding new visuals. Oh well.

Junebug
09-28-2007, 11:34 AM
I like the store and from where I live - it`s delivered in 2 days. Now don`t get me started on their forum!