PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new vac

Ern
09-25-2007, 10:06 PM
I have some turd shop vac with like 3.5 horsepower or something and I hate it. I wanna keep it for garage floor mess and such but Im looking for something with good suction for the cars. I would really like something I can stick in a corner or mount to the wall and use like a 15-25 foot hose so I dont have the sweeper right behind me.

Does rigid make a model something like Im looking for?

Scottwax
09-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Rigid 4050 with the pro hose kit.

The hose is 10` long but believe me, it works very well and you don`t have to move the vacuum for each side of the vehicle.

BigAl3
09-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Does rigid make a model something like Im looking for?

Wet/Dry Vacs - RIDGID Professional Tools (http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Wet-Dry-Vacs/index.htm)

Ern
09-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Rigid 4050 with the pro hose kit.

The hose is 10` long but believe me, it works very well and you don`t have to move the vacuum for each side of the vehicle.

Can you get a longer house or will it drop suction? The reason I ask is becuase where im going to put it, it may not reach the other side of the vehicle.

BlueZero
09-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I`ve got a WD1450 and I just can`t say enough good about it. Even if you lost some suction you would still have more then enough.

Ern
09-26-2007, 10:06 AM
There are so many vacs on that website?!

Ern
09-26-2007, 10:20 AM
RIDGID Stor â€ËœN Go Wall Mounted Vac - WD5500 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100377372&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&cm_mmc=THD_marketing-_-Digitas-_OnlineWorkshops-_-Garage_Shopping_List#reviews)

How about this one? The only one I can find that is wall mountable. Scottwax, is that one you listed mountable?

Ern
09-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Anyone know about this one?

BlueZero
09-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Looks like it gets good reviews. I don`t think I have ever heard anything bad about Ridgid vacs.

I like the idea that it has a handle so you can carry it around if need be. I thought of getting a wall mount vac but if something is a few feet further then the hose length away, your out of luck. Doesn`t seem to be a problem with this one.

imageautodetail
09-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Anyone know about this one?

I have the 6.5hp Pro, bought it at home depot. I have mine running with no filter, I use about three gallons of bleach watter instead. I have a 15 ft 2.5 in hose with the 10ft pro hose connected to it(easier to work with in the car) so 25+ft total and it will suck a MF(could be micro fiber or M***** F******,which ever you prefer)towel up from across the seat, great vac, a bit loud but it sucks like a working girl.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I have the 6.5hp Pro, bought it at home depot. I have mine running with no filter, I use about three gallons of bleach watter instead. I have a 15 ft 2.5 in hose with the 10ft pro hose connected to it(easier to work with in the car) so 25+ft total and it will suck a MF(could be micro fiber or M***** F******,which ever you prefer)towel up from across the seat, great vac, a bit loud but it sucks like a working girl.

Can you please explain this rational/process in depth?

imageautodetail
09-26-2007, 08:08 PM

Which part the filter, or the the strength of the vac lift

imageautodetail
09-26-2007, 08:13 PM

Obviously the part in bold, sorry long day, still have dust in my eyes I guess.

Take the filter off of the vac, and throw it away(you will never want to use it again)

my vac is 16 gallon so kinda go of that, you want it about 1/4 filled with liquid, I put 3-4 gallons of water in a 5gal bucket and add about a cup of bleach

pull your hose to the ground so it is flat, if it is still hanging up it will dance around and take longer to intake the liquid

reassemble your vac, and turn it on

stick your access head into the bleach water and intake all the water

the water now acts as a filter, it cleans the hose and cuts down on odor

I do this 1 a week

Scottwax
09-26-2007, 08:22 PM
RIDGID Stor ‘N Go Wall Mounted Vac - WD5500 at The Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&productId=100377372&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&cm_mmc=THD_marketing-_-Digitas-_OnlineWorkshops-_-Garage_Shopping_List#reviews)

How about this one? The only one I can find that is wall mountable. Scottwax, is that one you listed mountable?

I don`t think the one I have is intended for wall mounting.

Ern
09-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I think ill give this wall mount one a try and let you guys know how it is.