PDA

View Full Version : Quick Detaling

Cooter
09-25-2007, 10:04 PM
When you guys QD your cars/trucks, how much product do you spray at a time? How many spray`s do you spray on say a fender or quarter panel? Do you really saturate it or just mist it really good?? Thanks for looking

JasonD
09-25-2007, 10:15 PM
I qd while the car is still a little damp, not soaked, and spray a decent amount on each panel until the towel gets pretty loaded, and then I start backing off a bit.

If I`m in direct sunlight, I spray the qd on the towel instead of directly on the car, and this minimizes streaks.

Cooter
09-25-2007, 10:28 PM
So when your towel gets loaded up , you start decreasing the amount you spray onto the panel?

JasonD
09-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Yes, otherwise you will wet the panel too much, and it will streak on you. If you are in the shade, and the car is cool to the touch, you can use a liberal amount and get away with it, but if its hot and the sun is out, it will try to dry too quick on you and will streak.

NickelPlated.45
09-25-2007, 10:46 PM
I qd in the garage and use it like there`s no tomorrow. I only qd my car once a week after i wash it. I have multiple bottles of 3 different kinds of qd so i don`t really care about wasting it right now. Actually i`m trying to use up all my sonus qd.