PDA

View Full Version : A Peaceful Idea: The Product Brand Truce

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

SilverLexus
09-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Seems that a lot of members are passionate about the brands the use for a wax or sealant. Often it seems that we lose focus due to negative things said in a particular brand`s thread.

For the peace of the community why don`t we have a Product Brand Truce. The Truce will work as follows...you simply vote whether you are willing to do the following in a yes/no fashion:

1. I pledge to abstain from threadcraps where attacks are made on a certain brand or fan of a brand.

2. I pledge to share honest wax or sealant performance based on my own personal results regardless of brand loyalty or other factors.

3. I pledge to respect opinions of others even if they differ from my experience. (Through discussion we may learn where the differences come from.)

So how about it...Are you in for the Product Brand Truce? Yes or No?

I believe this is a way to bring peace to the community.

MikeWinLDS
09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Yea, seriously, some people just get too worked up on here. It`s only a game!

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9519/29254112eo9.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441796/)

stiffdogg06
09-25-2007, 07:07 PM
I don`t bash a product I don`t particularly like. I just don`t use it.

I also don`t run around and praise another brand because it works so good for me. I just keep using it.

People just need to learn to keep the bias opinions to themselves.:bounce

Pats300zx
09-25-2007, 07:22 PM
I didn`t know we were at war....:nixweiss :nixweiss

Remember it only car wax....

Was this posted over on Detailers Club as well????

RCBuddha
09-25-2007, 07:23 PM

+1

Some seem sensitive to criticism more than others...

SpoiledMan
09-25-2007, 07:26 PM
+1

Some seem more sensitive to criticism more than others...

+2

Some seam to have more of a personal axe to grind.

SilverLexus
09-25-2007, 07:52 PM

Hey, I`m just trying to find a way to make product performance discussions here less vitriolic.

I simply thought this could benefit the community.

gmblack3
09-25-2007, 08:07 PM

Are not most of the guys from over there banned from here anyway? :think: :nixweiss

SilverLexus
09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
If people are respectful about other`s product choices, then I think it will initially lead to more honest and open performance discussion and then later deeper understanding of what characteristics to look for in a product and/or good brand choices that match well for a particular situation.

wannafbody
09-25-2007, 09:39 PM
I could care less what product anyone uses on their car. I think more guys should use NUFINISH. IT gives my car a decided edge at the local cruise:spot

JasonD
09-25-2007, 09:44 PM
A wise man once said, "It`s not the product you use, but the manner in which you use it."

imported_Picus
09-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I hate all products; I`ve started detailing like they did in the 40`s; by tying an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. In those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on `em. `Give me five bees for a quarter,` you’d say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah—the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

You never know what you`re capable of. I never thought that I could shoot down a German plane, but last year I proved myself wrong!

SilverLexus
09-25-2007, 09:47 PM
A wise man once said, "It`s not the product you use, but the manner in which you use it."

I think process is very important but there is no denying some products do better than others.

Setec Astronomy
09-25-2007, 10:27 PM
I think process is very important but there is no denying some products do better than others.

So much for the truce. I bet I can name the product you are referring to in one guess :rolleyes: Isn`t the second time you`ve tried this? I think this technique goes back to Chamberlain.

SilverLexus
09-25-2007, 10:34 PM
So much for the truce. I bet I can name the product you are referring to in one guess :rolleyes: Isn`t the second time you`ve tried this? I think this technique goes back to Chamberlain.

Mike,

Why are you trying to turn this into a product war? I specifically mentioned no brand names. I`m trying to propose something of value here that is completely neutral.

Isn`t it time to bury the hatchet around here?