PDA

View Full Version : Best QD to use on P21s

box3876
09-25-2007, 06:12 PM
I have a black truck and have been using P21s. I am looking for the best QD to use over it. I have read that some QD`s do not look as good on certain waxes. Thanks in advance guys.

JasonD
09-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Pinnacle Crystal Mist is awesome over carnauba to name one.

rancid82
09-26-2007, 02:56 PM
sonus carnauba spritz is really good. Gives a nice shine and feels like just waxed.

tom p.
09-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I like all these recs...they make sense. I`ll add one more that`s awesome: 1 Grand Show-Off QD. Talk about a carnauba-laden spray! WOW !!

Milestones
09-26-2007, 03:42 PM
It all depends on what you are looking for -

I`m of the opinion that using QDs to do general cleaning of your car is very risky business - especially if you have dark colored paint as you do (black). I would recommend not over-using QDs for cleaning purposes and only using them for birdbombs or other spot cleaning issues that will damage the paint if not taken care of immediately. If you use QDs frequently for general cleaning on a black truck you are going to end up with a big mess of swirl marks, marring.

Stick to a conventional two bucket wash method for general cleaning.

Having said that - if you want a true cleaning QD then use Poor Boys Spray and Wipe or Werkstatt Quick Wash. These are more QDs on steroids that do an excellent job of cleaning, provide better lubrication than most QDs (less risk of marring), and should not interfere with or impair P21S in any way.

If, on the other hand, you are just looking for something to boost appearance and slickness on top of the P21S after washing, I would highly recommend either Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax, Duragloss Aqua Wax (AW), or Optimum Car Wax. All of these are an absolute breeze to apply after washing - they go on and off just like a QD and are noticeably better in terms of appearance, slickness and durability than any QD (they each have good enough durability to use as a stand alone LSP). Any of them would look stellar on top of P21S and would give a much better appearance boost than a QD.

woodenshoes
09-26-2007, 04:20 PM
I have used PCM on P21S and think it looks great. Milestone gives some excellent advice on the use of a QD on your black vehicle which got me thinking about how I use the PCM. His advice to use the PSW instead as a wax booster/look enhancer makes me realize that is what I should have been using all along. I have tended not to use the PCM as a quick detailer, for fear of marring my dark blue finish, more as a look enhancer after washing so the PSW for about the same price really makes more sense. Although I think if you want a QD only over a carnauba the PCM is very good.

dfwgixxer
09-26-2007, 05:26 PM
I really like FK425 on top of p21s on my white truck. AW looks great on top of p21s. I like to use AW every 3-4 weeks to keep the shine up.

ZaneO
09-26-2007, 05:32 PM
As you can already tell, there are many great options. Any quality QD will work. I like using Clearkote Quikshine over carnauba

03COBRA
09-26-2007, 05:36 PM
As you can already tell, there are many great options. Any quality QD will work. I like using Clearkote Quikshine over carnauba

^ What he said!

JasonD
09-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Milestones brings up a very good point, but I think people mess up by confusing quick detailers with waterless wash products. A qd is meant to be used after a wash, not on a dirty car, especially bird bombs. On the other hand, waterless wash products have a lot more lubrication and emulsifiers to be safe to use on a dirty car.

Just something to keep in mind.

imported_grease
09-26-2007, 08:59 PM
I use S100 alot (still can`t see a difference between it and P21s even tho its supposed to be reformulated)

I`ve had good success with #34,FK425, and Quikshine.

Like someone said tho, don`t use it for cleaning. If thats what you`re looking for, Id get some ONR. Even mix up a batch of ONR QD. That`s my go-to for clay lube.