PDA

View Full Version : Black Cars!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Beemerboy
06-21-2005, 03:55 PM
I was just out at lunch and noticed that there are allot of people that have black or real dark cars, that should rethink their color selection.

Some of the newer cars that I have seen are swirled beyond belief, clear looks dull from lack of being maintained. I can handle the fact that the darker cars look dirty allot easier, but just to ignore the finish is just wrong.

Best part of some of these cars are that they have upgraded rims, tinted windows, super cool looking exhaust system and you can hear upgraded sound systems at times, but the outside of the car looks like crap!

I just want to hit these people up side the head!! :wall :wall :wall

J.J.
06-21-2005, 04:08 PM
What you say is very true but, the honest truth is, most people are ignorant to car care. I have been working on my black Pathifnder most of the day. I washed this morning, S&G after, had to go somewhere, clayed, QEW, and tonight I will put a fresh coat of wax on. All this is to say, my neighbors think I have OCD. They don`t understand that I`m using different products that accomplish different things eveytime I come outisde with a spray bottle and MF towel. They simply see some guy that comes out every hour, sprays his truck, wipes it off and goes back inside. The next hour is the the same. I bet they seriously believe I have a problem with dust on my SUV. I find this very humerous.

Black is a very difficult color to take care of but, when you do, the shine is unbelievable and heads turn with every pass.

JJ

Mikeyzr
06-21-2005, 04:43 PM
SO funny! SO true! Every corner I take I see someone with 22" spinners, 5 percent tint, slammed to the ground and the bass shaking. That is cool, but when I see the swirls in the paint, even though the car is "clean", I sit back and chuckle. I have a 99 Silverado that looks like it just got a fresh coat of paint because I (we) take care of our paint. My neighbor has a 05 Tundra, black, and it is swirled beyone belief. The compliments are what makes it all worth while. It`s nice to ride in a vehicle that is well maintained! Don`t they seem to go a little faster too? :car

Mike

Beemerboy
06-21-2005, 07:02 PM
Don`t know about go faster but I know that they run better. I had a black BMW but that was just over the top to take care of so I ditched it.

Thanks all

GregCavi
06-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Ya poeple are stupid!! One of the neighbors was washign his truck with a bucket of soapy water... most likely dishsoap, and a mop. (The stringy kind.) I looked at his vehicle and there was nothing other than a rotary and a hell of a detailer that could even come close to removing some of those mar`s. I get a kick out of everyone who drive the high end cars but have paint that looks like hell.

Greg

tsx2004
06-21-2005, 10:25 PM
i agree gregcavi,

but then again, there are alot of people who dont care at all. some people dont see or even know what a swirl mark is like my dad. some people think washing the car with car soap and then waxing with carnuba wax after is good enough to maintain the car for years. oh well, some people just dont care.

JaredPointer
06-22-2005, 07:06 AM
Yep. Some people don`t care, and that`s fine with me. I don`t get fanatical about jewelry, clothing, etc. I just don`t let it bother me. To each his own.

Beemerboy
06-22-2005, 08:29 AM
i agree gregcavi,

but then again, there are alot of people who dont care at all. some people dont see or even know what a swirl mark is like my dad.

I could not agree more with this, its like that are blind to the swirls.I think for some swirls come on so slow that they become use to them or except it as part of an aging car.

Those are the people that I enjoy detailing for, as you can turn the finish around. Those are also the people that I hate as they look at you and say WOW that`s allot of money to wax my car :ranton :ranton :ranton

norahcrv
06-22-2005, 08:43 AM
. . . and then there are those who believed as I did (in my pre-DC days) that "swirly" is just how paint is "supposed" to look. :dunno

Thank you for teaching me otherwise!! I now know how to achieve & appreciate a perfect finish!! :bow

And yes, my neighbours think I`m certifiable when I work on the V all weekend, but I don`t care!! :D

Beemerboy
06-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Marry me Norah :naughty

norahcrv
06-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Dave,
You have a p/m ;)
Norah

tubafeak
06-22-2005, 09:33 AM
The worst was when I was flipping around on TV and MTV`s cribs was on. Can`t remember who it was, but he took the cameras over to his cars. The yellow one was okay because it was in full sunlight. He had a black Porsche, it had a massive bird bomb on the front fender, buffer burn on the front bumper, cloudy glass, and massive swirls that look like he`d decided to try his hand at the rotary buffer with a wool pad and nothing else right before the show. That was his "baby".

shotime
06-22-2005, 10:03 AM
I just did a black 05 Altima with 10k on it that was a zero maintenance vehicle. It had brake dust etched into chrome aftermarket rims, bugs imbedded in the paint, scratches, swirls, you name it. The bumper required a repaint. Poor thing.

pogo123
06-22-2005, 04:24 PM
It`s amazing that in just 10k miles someone could abuse a car enough to require new paint! How sad. :ticked

woptang22
06-22-2005, 05:24 PM
I also have a black BMW and it is a pain to take care of and keep clean. I am always out there washing it. Im sure my neighbors think something is wrong with me. But as far as neglecting the car, I dont neglect mine but sometimes it looks terrible to me. I have swirl marks and what not and I just dont know what to do with them. I know there are products that take care of swirls but I dont have a PC and am kind of nervous to use one. I just recently bought some poorboys ssr products and havent used them yet. I dont know if I will get any results out of hand polishing. I am going to try some stuff tomorrow on the car and hopefully it will come out good. I love washing and taking care of my car, but I dont think it can always be totally swirl free. At least in my opinion. But like I said, Im not a professional. But maybe I should start working on it.