PDA

View Full Version : Strongest car wash concentrate?

Pages : [1] 2

danforz
09-25-2007, 09:29 AM
hey guys, I typically get a lot of college students for clients. Their cars haven`t seen a car wash for months, so they have a level of film and grime on them. To speed up the process, I`ve considered pre-treating the vehicles with Simple Green MAX on the really nasty parts, prior to a wash. But, I`d also like to use a stronger car wash as well. Whats the most aggressive car wash you guys know of?

SilverLexus
09-25-2007, 09:32 AM
Zaino Z-7 has quite a bit of "bite" to it. You might also look at P21S auto wash.

audicoupej
09-25-2007, 09:40 AM
CG Citrus wash and gloss might be something to look at. Especially since you can get it by the gallon.

imported_bigfoot
09-25-2007, 10:33 AM
CG Citrus wash and gloss might be something to look at. Especially since you can get it by the gallon.

+1 on the Citrus Wash from Chemical Guys

tom p.
09-25-2007, 11:00 AM
You might also look at P21S auto wash.

Yeah, that`s a good suggestion, but it`s $$$. I think the CG citri-wash would make more sense.

FWIW, you can brew your own concoctions and foam it, let it dwell with the Gilmour II which has variable soap output. That way you could stick with your go-to shampoo and apply it in a much stronger dosage when desired. You could dial it back down to "A" or "B" for a more traditional washing strength.

HTH

A multi-talented tool:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/3086/DSC_0200.JPG

danforz
09-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah, that`s a good suggestion, but it`s $$$. I think the CG citri-wash would make more sense.

FWIW, you can brew your own concoctions and foam it, let it dwell with the Gilmour II which has variable soap output. That way you could stick with your go-to shampoo and apply it in a much stronger dosage when desired. You could dial it back down to "A" or "B" for a more traditional washing strength.

HTH

A multi-talented tool:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/3086/DSC_0200.JPG

Not a bad idea, however after spending so much on detailing supplies I`m always cautious about out of pocket expenses. The gilmore will come, at some point...

danforz
09-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Was considering the CG wash... what about the simple green wash? Anyone know anything about that?

imported_Blake
09-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Why not use Dawn dishwashing soap on the difficult parts. I assume you are going to do some sort of polish/LSP after the wash. I know Dawn isn`t easy on the finish but it would probably do the bad areas.

danforz
09-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Why not use Dawn dishwashing soap on the difficult parts. I assume you are going to do some sort of polish/LSP after the wash. I know Dawn isn`t easy on the finish but it would probably do the bad areas.

Hmm, not a bad idea. Only thing is I`d end up doing the entire car with dawn. Saving time is a big priority so I`m unlikely to use two separate car wash solutions.

I`ve heard dawn used as a paint cleanser wash... Anyone else think this would fit my need?

Sounds like a cost effective solution...

coupe
09-25-2007, 01:33 PM
On very bad vehicles i mix simple green 50/50 with water in my foam gun.

Adam's Polishes
09-25-2007, 01:59 PM
All I know that Optimums Car Wash concentrate was strong enough to strip off all the dressing and dry out the trim on a truck I did recently. It was in rough shape so I went almost completely undilluted in the foam gun and after a 2 mintute dwell it stripped damn near everything off.

steelwind101
09-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi

How about a non caustic TFR and good use of a pressure washer, maybe a foam lance too!!

Failing that PBs Bugsquash makes up good pre wash and you can add it to your wash bucket too!! I use a 5g bucket with 4OZ of shampoo (DG CWC) and 1OZ of PBs Bugsquash.

Geoff

coupe
09-25-2007, 02:06 PM
All I know that Optimums Car Wash concentrate was strong enough to strip off all the dressing and dry out the trim on a truck I did recently. It was in rough shape so I went almost completely undilluted in the foam gun and after a 2 mintute dwell it stripped damn near everything off.

Well thats odd, ive done the same on many vehicles and it had never done that.

DantheMan
09-25-2007, 02:37 PM
I just bought a gallon of CG Citrus wash and gloss for this purpose... I plan on putting a mix of 2-3oz/gal in a pressure sprayer for presoaking nasty spots. And probably 1oz/gal in the wash bucket for dirty cars.. They recommend 1/4-1/2oz gal for a normal wash, so i figure it should do the trick.

BlackElantraGT
09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
I don`t think CG`s Citrus Wash n` Gloss is any better than other soaps when used at the recommended 1/2 oz to 1 gallon dilution for regular wash, but as a paintwork cleanser used at 2 oz/gal I have found it to be pretty effective.

I posted the video of the beading/sheeting of Optiseal and all that was done for prep on that car was CG`s Citrus Wash and Gloss. No polishing, no claying in more than a year, nothing except a wash.