PDA

View Full Version : OS or CS for this purpose...

Pages : [1] 2

danforz
09-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Hey guys, I don`t want this thread to turn into anything heated, but I am curious about the attributes of both products with regards to customers FIRST impressions. CS, which I already own, is a spectacular product no doubt. But it offers more of a gloss and from what I hear the real improvment doesn`t occur till the next day. While thats fine, I`d rather more wetness and immediate results, if possible. Thus, I`m curious about OS, which I`ve heard is more of a wetness product.

I`d be including this product in my 3 step - $99 detail. Wash, kAIO/zAIO via PC, then finish with CS or OS.

Again, my goal is to impress the customer with that first impression wow factor. CS works, I`m curious of OS will be any better.

*I`m shying away from UPGP simply because of price

gbackus
09-24-2007, 09:17 PM
*I`m shying away from UPGP simply because of price

This makes no sense. Ounce for ounce, Ultima is comparable in price to CS.

danforz
09-24-2007, 09:25 PM

I`m comparing out of pocket price. Furthermore, I`d purchase UPGP for use on my own vehicle, but I have too much z5 left to make such a purchase.

rwisejr
09-24-2007, 09:27 PM
ZAIO and the CS always gives the WOW factor !!!! But as stated The Ultima is about the same price ounce for ounce !!!!

stiffdogg06
09-24-2007, 09:31 PM
CS $29.95 for 6oz = $4.99 an ounce

OS $22.99 for 8oz = $2.87 an ounce <-- $22.99 is at AG.net sale price.

UPGP $70.00 for 12oz = $5.83 an ounce

I guess UPGP is worth trying after breaking it down by ounce.

Setec Astronomy
09-24-2007, 09:31 PM

It`s actually about 16% more expensive per ounce, and since it comes in a bottle twice the size of CS, as Danforz pointed out, it`s a lot more outlay.

gbackus
09-24-2007, 10:13 PM
It`s actually about 16% more expensive per ounce, and since it comes in a bottle twice the size of CS, as Danforz pointed out, it`s a lot more outlay.

Let`s see, to ship 12 ounces of Ultima to your door it costs $76.39 = rounded up to $6.37 per ounce.

To get 6 ounces of Clearseal to your door, it costs $38.90= rounded down to $6.48 per ounce.

6.37/6.48= 0.983, so PGP is actually cheaper per ounce.

I stand by my statement that Ultima PGP and Zaino CS are comparable in price; however I will concede that PGP does have a higher initial investment cost.

danforz
09-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Though I appreciate the discussion about price vs price, what about my goal? Greatest initial WOW factor for my customer within OS vs CS?

Scottwax
09-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Side by side, OS is definitely wetter than CS upon initial application and also after 90 minutes of curing.

UPGP is even wetter on initial application but after a 90 minute cure, it looks the same as OS. I haven`t had UPGP long enough to know how durable it is, but that is supposed to be one of its advantages.

danforz
09-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Side by side, OS is definitely wetter than CS upon initial application and also after 90 minutes of curing.

UPGP is even wetter on initial application but after a 90 minute cure, it looks the same as OS. I haven`t had UPGP long enough to know how durable it is, but that is supposed to be one of its advantages.

To be perfectly honest Scott, and maybe you can chime in on this, I think durability is low on the totam (spl?) pol for clients.

Setec Astronomy
09-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Let`s see, to ship 12 ounces of Ultima to your door it costs $76.39 = rounded up to $6.37 per ounce.

To get 6 ounces of Clearseal to your door, it costs $38.90= rounded down to $6.48 per ounce.

6.37/6.48= 0.983, so PGP is actually cheaper per ounce.

I stand by my statement that Ultima PGP and Zaino CS are comparable in price; however I will concede that PGP does have a higher initial investment cost.

I didn`t factor in shipping costs, that usually gets kind of skewed especially since frequently other items are ordered to amortize shipping. Obviously, using the above method, PGP is cheaper per ounce. Thanks for the clarification.

gmblack3
09-25-2007, 06:30 AM
The one time I tried OS, I was not very impressed. I still have the bottle of OS, maybe a head to head vs CS on the hood of the BMW could be done. I am thinking a 50/50 wipedown would be the best way to prep the surface?

Macruz19
09-25-2007, 06:42 AM
I have both OS and CS and use them for different purposes. OS does give a little more appearance than CS, but both are great to use. You can`t go wrong with either of the 2.

Scottwax
09-25-2007, 10:41 AM
To be perfectly honest Scott, and maybe you can chime in on this, I think durability is low on the totam (spl?) pol for clients.

You may be right. As long as the car looks good initially most people are happy. Then they set out to trash their car for the next 6 months before they call me again. :wall

Very few people have actually asked me how long the wax or sealant I`ve applied is going to last.

danforz
09-25-2007, 12:39 PM
You may be right. As long as the car looks good initially most people are happy. Then they set out to trash their car for the next 6 months before they call me again. :wall

Very few people have actually asked me how long the wax or sealant I`ve applied is going to last.

Yea... I still put "5 months durability!" in the ad just for the heck of it, but I never really make a huge deal out of durability.

Furthermore, anyone know how long I should wait before applying z8 (cut 1:1 with water) over CS?