PDA

View Full Version : My new car

shotime
06-21-2005, 02:27 PM
After a lot of thinking, I ordered an Mercury Milan today. Tungsten Silver (medium silver) with a Black/Grey interior. I`ve had Fords forever and know them inside and out. I`m getting killed in gas mileage with my truck and needed a 4 cylinder. Luckly they`re offering a 5 speed, which I HAD to have. They have no idea when it`s going to be here except they said don`t expect it before November. I can also change anything I want on it up until it gets issued a VIN. I really would like a European car, but if it wasn`t for the owner of the dealership I used to work at letting me go on my own, I`d never be doing as well as I am today.

What do you guys think? Or should I go with a Fusion? I like the upscale look over the sporty.

http://www.roadfly.com/magazine/galleries/ny_auto_show_2005/photos/photos-03-2005/2006-Mercury-Milan-Drivetrain-pic-28-133671.JPG
http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/i/nctd/q/06s-fusion.jpg

TW85
06-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Where do you live?

I like how Ford has copied a couple of designs. CTS and G35 for the second car and I see VW in the first.

Waxxy
06-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Congratulations on your new car!!!!!

TrueDetailer
06-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Thats a nice looking car. Whats the platform based on? At first i thought it was mercs version of the ford 500 but then you said something about a 4cyl and a 5 speed so its gotta be a focus platform?

TrueDetailer
06-21-2005, 04:02 PM
Where do you live?

I like how Ford has copied a couple of designs. CTS and G35 for the second car and I see VW in the first.

after i looked at them for a bit it does look like they have borrowed some styling cues from other automakers. But who doesn`t these days? Anyone see that new suv/car chevy is coming out with? Kinda looks like the original suburbans. The styling of it looks damn close to the pt cruiser.

maximv1
06-21-2005, 05:01 PM
congrats on the new wheels. it looks sweet. sorry to hear about the wait, i am sure it will be worth.

shotime
06-21-2005, 05:06 PM
I live near Buffalo.

The car is based off the Mazda 6, so it should have great handling. If Ford does what it did to the Marinier, it will have a slightly more luxury orientated ride over the Fusion. Given all the potholes/bumps where I live, it`s not a bad thing. I read some more into it and the Milan is going to have a two tone interior and I can`t stand monotones. My only fear is that Ford cheapens it up. They claim top quality materials are being used, but after seeing how plasticy the new Mustang is, I`m cautious. Regardless, with oil hitting $60+ a barrel, my wallet will thank me.

Here`s a link to the interior, it`s big so I`m not posting it-
http://photos.velocityjournal.com/images/full/2005/134/mc2006milan1347360.jpg

jaybs02
06-21-2005, 05:56 PM
Go with the Milan, definately a classier looking car

Congrats on the new ride
"J"

Way2SSlow
06-24-2005, 08:32 AM
I like the looks of the Merc over the Ford.

raikko77
06-24-2005, 06:19 PM
very nice car! Better keep it nice and clean

zainoshine
06-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Something about that design I REALLY like. I think Mercury hit a home run...and I like the Milan WAY more than the Fusion. The seats look a little bit flat on the Milan, but maybe that`s a good thing for some people.