PDA

View Full Version : shower walls

Pages : [1] 2

Waxxy
06-21-2005, 01:05 PM
You know how I just HATE scrubbing my shower walls every week? Well, I figured, why not try some preventive maintenance? So, I got one of my small WW MF towels (16" x 16") and keep it near the shower. When I`m done, I grab the MF cloth and wipe down the walls of the shower before I get out. It takes about 30 seconds to do, and I don`t have to scrub the shower walls every week! The shower walls stay clean for a long time, and no water stains! I still give the old walls a good cleaning every 3-4 weeks, but sometimes it just feels like its not even needed.

Only downside is that you still need to scrub the tub. Still trying to figure a way out of that too....

Anyway, just thought I`d share!

Waxxy
06-21-2005, 01:06 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention.. I guess that this is the same theory of a squeegee in the shower (I tried that too), but using a WW towel is faster for me....

smprince1
06-21-2005, 01:39 PM
This may sound stupid, but . . .

I actually took the foam pad that came with the PC and used AIO on my fiberglass shower/tub. It cleaned the old water spots and added a lot of shine. Now the water sheats off easier and everything stays clean longer.

It only took a few drops of AIO and I finally found a use for the PC foam pad.

TW85
06-21-2005, 01:46 PM
I use a small California Water Blade to dry my shower walls/doors. Combine it with our water softener and my shower stays pretty darn clean.

Waxxy
06-21-2005, 02:05 PM
Sounds like everyone is using their detailing knowledge and using it at home in the shower! These are great suggestions. I actually never thought about using AIO in the shower.. but HEY!!!

I wish I had a water softener in my house..........

awd330
06-21-2005, 04:44 PM
I use AIO on my shower tiles too! :D

Waxxy
06-21-2005, 04:59 PM
I guess I`d better join the club and put a coat of AIO on my shower tiles!

The Pit
06-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Has anyone tried AIO in the toilet bowl? Seems like it would keep those hard water stains at bay. :dancin

The Chee
06-21-2005, 08:45 PM
Has anyone tried AIO in the toilet bowl? Seems like it would keep those hard water stains at bay. :dancin

Nah use poorboys spray and rinse(/flush)...no agitation needed...depending of how much crap there is(excuse the pun) :rofl

The Pit
06-21-2005, 09:59 PM
I think we`re onto something here. S&R, AIO, then UPP. Make it slick enough, and you won`t even have to flush. :hippi

joyriide1113
06-21-2005, 10:25 PM
I think we`re onto something here. S&R, AIO, then UPP. Make it slick enough, and you won`t even have to flush. :hippi

lmao

Waxxy
06-22-2005, 02:07 AM
way too funny. Can you just imagine it?????? :rolling

Koop
06-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Last july I used PP and my PC on my shower tile. Went over it with two layers of megs 20 (laying around) and haven`t cleaned the tiles or grout since! Looks like new! God bless soft water and a good poly sealant. Toilet is a pain. We excreet a lot of acid and it cuts through Poly sealants too fast. I wish I could just do it once and forget it, but it only lasts a couple months :(. It`s now coming up on July again. Probably due it a gain just to get that extra pop and deapth out of the tile! I feel like I`m talking about a car. The tub however still gets done once a week. I haven`t dared tried sealing it. I don`t wanna slip and fall. Nothing worse than seeing a swirld car and not being able to fix it because you can`t sue your arms and leggs.

Waxxy
06-22-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey Koop - after your post and all the others, I think I may actually try the AIO & SG route (I don`t have any PP or PC around). Lets see how that works! What a test on the products, huh?

Dr Groove
06-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Since we`re on the subject.....
Has anyone tried 303`s Shower Shield?

The company states:
"If you hate cleaning the shower...
You`ll love 303 Shower Shield!
It leaves an invisible repellent finish
nothing can stick to!
No more mildew or soap film!"

Heck, I wish the rest of life would be this easy!!!