PDA

View Full Version : Drat, I Don`t have a garage, Need a good swirl exposing hand light...

mystickid
09-22-2007, 05:21 AM
Guys,

I`m not as fortunate as many of you guys that have a garage to detail under. So i can`t have the big 1500W set up lamps to see the defects.

Do you guys recommend and hand lamps, flashlights or the like that are pretty effective in exposing swirls.

I recall back when i was first exploring detailing, my freind and i used a regular Incandesecnt bulb and that was pretty good at showing swirls. So i`m thinking Incandansescent light is better at exposing swirls than vs. LED bulbs or fcoused beams of light.

Any thoughts and reccomendations most welcome.

Pats300zx
09-22-2007, 06:11 AM
You can get yourself a Brinkman Dual Xenon light. Its great and portable for helping you find swirls.

mystickid
09-22-2007, 07:53 AM
Neat.Thanx.

Do you think it would show me swirls under the shade of a tree on a moderately sunny day?

Do you know if its OTC at any stores.

Is there a good site to get it at?

Thanx a bunch!

ZoranC
09-22-2007, 01:15 PM
I`m not as fortunate as many of you guys that have a garage to detail under.

Welcome to my world :( I wish I knew answer to your question as I would then know answer to mine :(

imported_themightytimmah
09-22-2007, 01:40 PM
Man I just like the sun - I`ve never found artificial lighting that I was truly happy with. The Brinkmann is decent, but if you`re working during the day, I`d just pull it out of the shade frequently.

NickelPlated.45
09-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Welcome to my world :( I wish I knew answer to your question as I would then know answer to mine :(

Awwwww. I was garageless for a time and know how it feels. But nowadays the love of my life has a home to call it`s own :)

Like Pat said the brinkman dual xenon is a great hand held light. Spots every flaw and defect in my jet black paint. Wasn`t too helpful on silver though.

danponjican
09-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Neat.Thanx.

Do you think it would show me swirls under the shade of a tree on a moderately sunny day?

Thanx a bunch!

If you can`t see swirls in full sunlight it`s very simple... you don`t have swirls! :clap:

ZoranC
09-22-2007, 07:43 PM
If you can`t see swirls in full sunlight it`s very simple... you don`t have swirls! :clap:

Full sunlight or full sun?

danponjican
09-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Full sunlight or full sun?

I`m confused... is there a difference? Typically, paint viewed in direct sunlight shows the most defects in my experience. No artificial light can reproduce that much illumination.

Macruz19
09-27-2007, 08:30 AM
You can get yourself a Brinkman Dual Xenon light. Its great and portable for helping you find swirls.

Yup. I got one myself, and use it all the time. Great flashlight too!

coupe
09-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Neat.Thanx.

Thanx a bunch!

Pepboys- $29.99

Tuesday Mornings- $14.99

I own 5