PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with polish

hybridhauler
09-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Hio guys,

I am looking for input as to what polish I need to purchase to finish detailing my `88 Lincoln Mark VII. The Mark has the original paint, which is in very, very good condition, with the exception of one or two cat scratches here and there. The scratches aren`t deep because you cant catch them with your fingernail. The rest of the finish is near perfect.

I have been using several of the Megs line products and would like to step up to something better. I will be using the PC and have all of the different pads needed to do the job. I have been thinking about the Optimun line as well as the Menz lines. I will be picking up some Optimun polish but a little undecided as to which Menz products to get.

Which ones to you suggest?

Also, after polishing, do I need to apply glaze before the LSP? The color is a dark blue metalic.

The reason for the question is that I want to have it as slick as possible when I take it to "Cruzin the Coast" next month.

imported_DieselMDX
09-22-2007, 02:06 AM
menz 106ff for finishing

menz super intensive polish for defects

opt polish for finishing

opt compound for defects

With that little defects opt polish or menz 106ff will be fine

Accumulator
09-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Hybridhauler- That`s really cool that your MK VII still has the original paint :xyxthumbs

After all the polishing, I don`t *think* a glaze would add all that much, but some of the more modern glazes (Danase`s stuff comes to mind) might add a little something.

Choosing between Optimum and Menzerna is pretty much personal prefernce. Given my limited experience with both I`d go with Menzerna. I can`t get *quite* the final finish I want with Optimum (undoubtedly user-error on my part, but still...).

Can`t resist: [insert Accumulator`s usual rave about 1Z brand polishes here] :o

BTW, I had an `87 LSC....still remember the keyless entry code all these years later :D

Have fun on the Cruze, that`d be a great car to have for that.

hybridhauler
09-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the input. From everything I have read, the nano polish would be the best way to go. I guess I will order some tonight.

The Mark is pretty cool. It only has a little over 50 k on it....all original. Dark Blue, dark blue leather.

imported_DieselMDX
09-22-2007, 01:36 PM
www.detailersdomain.com for all your menz needs