PDA

View Full Version : My PC Broke another PC or Cyclo?

Exquisite
06-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Well my PC finally broke after 2 years of use. I was polishing an RV and I noticed the spindle nut was getting a bit loose and when I stopped to check it out the spindle nut completely fell out with the pad attached. I know I could acquire the parts to fix it, however I am in the market for another one. My question is should I get another PC or a Cyclo? I have a Makita 9227 rotary as well, so my thoughts were to get the cyclo and fix the PC so I could have one of each! What do you guys/gals think? :)

scottabi
06-20-2005, 11:05 PM
I like your answer of get a cyclo and fix the PC!! That is what I would do.

JaredPointer
06-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Personally, I would get a cyclo and maybe try to repair the PC you have. I am "in the market" for a cyclo, I just need to justify the purchase a little more to myself. :)

Exquisite
06-21-2005, 08:30 AM
I hear that, it is a little pricey. I am just trying to justify getting one because I have always been able to take care of any defects with either my PC or my rotary. I guess the biggest thing is I know the PC and what I can and can not achieve; unlike the cyclo where I will have to learn from scratch.

Bill D
06-21-2005, 08:48 AM
I never regretted getting my Cyclo. I only use the PC for spot jobs where the Cyclo can`t fit or applying AIO via black LC pad now.

nyc_medic
06-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Go for it. Buy the cyclo and fix the pc and you`ll have all 3 to play with. Is the warranty on the pc still good? I know here in NY we have a couple of porter cable shop that fix them. Good Luck

Beercan31
06-21-2005, 08:29 PM
This pretty much sums up what I feel about the Cyclo....Thank You Bill D.

Originally posted on Meguiar`s on-line by Bill D
Both are indispensable tools to us. The Cyclo truly is the bridge between a PC and a rotary on hard clear like that of our Audis when we just don`t want to get as aggressive as a rotary. I have yet to put a rotary polisher to my car thanks these two remarkable detailing tools :bow
You will Have a learning curve with the Cyclo...But if you have ran a Pc for 2 yrs the curve will be slight.

I love the cyclo but it is not a stand alone tool.

There have been some who have problems with the pads falling apart (even the previous owner of my Cyclo said the same thing) But as of yet I have not seen nor experienced this problem.

Good luck with Your Choice.
Rich

Exquisite
06-22-2005, 03:48 PM
I appreciate the feedback, my biggest thing was spending the extra $100 or so for the whole package and it not performing that much different than my PC. Also, for those that use the Cyclo are the dual heads stationary or do the form to the curves of the body panel? I am sure they are stationary, but I thought I would ask.

Bill D
06-22-2005, 03:51 PM
They are stationary. From everything I hear about a Cyclo, it is quite durable, even reaching "heirloom status". I was already set on getting one any way and then I heard how one sat outside buried in snow all winter long and worked just fine upon thawing. That was basically the "cherry on top " for me.

Exquisite
06-22-2005, 04:45 PM
BillD: I dont mean to change the subject here but I know how religious you are about the foam gun and I have always been interested in getting one. Do you know where I can get the brand that you have locally (I am in AZ)? I have visited the website and it is $75 or something along those lines, but I also remember you saying you could get a better deal on one or something. Thanks

Bill D
06-22-2005, 06:41 PM
That`s too much. I`ll provide whatever info I have to you in another new thread or PM.