PDA

View Full Version : Backing on Lake Country CCS 6.5`s

gravytime
09-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Greetings all.

Well, after getting a good bit of use out of my old Propel pads for my PC, It was time to get some new ones. Since I can`t find the Propel ones anymore, I went with the Lake Country ones from Chemical Guys. Pads look dandy and I`m excited to use them, but the backing on the pad covers the whole pad, unlike the backing they display on their site.

Lake Country 6 1/2 Inch CCS Foam Pads And Accessories (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Lake_Country_6_1_2_Inch_CCS_Foam_Pads_And_Accessor ies_s/54.htm)

With the backing covering the whole pad, I have a fear that when I get near my mirrors, spoiler and parts of my bumper I`m gonna murder my paint (the sides of the pad do feel pretty abrasive) When looking at the pads on Proper auto cares site, I saw they took this into account and put their own backing on it. I would have gotten theirs, but I heard that the backing starts coming off after a bit of use, are more expensive, and well, I thought the ones I was getting had the smaller backing on them anyway.

New, 6-1/2 inch, CCS Technology Pads
for use on conventional and scratch-resistant clear coats. (http://www.properautocare.com/hi612infopaa.html)

So....have any of you had any problems with the all encompassing backing on the pads or is there any need to worry (send them back) or that`s how they come and should I just roll with them and see how they work out? Also curious to know if it would it be possible to cut the edges back a bit or would it compromise the integrity of the backing?

Thanks for your insights and inputs in advance.

gravytime
09-21-2007, 09:42 PM
retarded question?

BigJimZ28
09-21-2007, 09:56 PM
sorry can`t answer you question but I thought the propels had the backing to the edge also?

so they should be what you are use to???

am I missing something?

gr8-wrx
09-22-2007, 07:19 AM
I have a few of the white Lake Country CSS pads. The backing never has caused a problem.

gravytime
09-22-2007, 10:29 AM
I have a few of the white Lake Country CSS pads. The backing never has caused a problem.

and they are the full coverage ones?