PDA

View Full Version : A cleaner that won`t remove wax, etc...

Pages : [1] 2

skenzer
09-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Hi guys, me again.

I`ve read a lot of forum posts, etc but I can`t find an answer to my question and I`m betting that one of you experts will know this one for sure.

Is there a cleaner out there that can be used on car paint and won`t remove wax or sealant? Other then normal car shampoo. It needs to be a little more aggresive at cleaning that is.

I`ve considered P21s, Poorboy`s APC and even Simple Green. I`m thinking all of these will strip the wax right off though.

Any ideas or experience with a product like I`m describing?

thanks

Brad

PRB
09-19-2007, 07:37 PM
A very flew detailing clays make the claim that they remove contaminants and not wax.

What type of problem/cleaning do you need to do?

imageautodetail
09-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi guys, me again.

I`ve read a lot of forum posts, etc but I can`t find an answer to my question and I`m betting that one of you experts will know this one for sure.

Is there a cleaner out there that can be used on car paint and won`t remove wax or sealant? Other then normal car shampoo. It needs to be a little more aggresive at cleaning that is.

I`ve considered P21s, Poorboy`s APC and even Simple Green. I`m thinking all of these will strip the wax right off though.

Any ideas or experience with a product like I`m describing?

thanks

BradWhat exactly are you trying to accomplish, any cleaner, even the mildest of shampoos will some effect on a wax or sealant, will not take completely off but it will deminsh it longevity a bit, even straight water will do this. When I wash White cars, I add a bit of APC to my wash sollution, maybe this something you could try.

skenzer
09-19-2007, 07:47 PM
I`m looking too do the typical "get rid of bugs" washing along with some pre-washing on the lower panels prior to actually doing a full car wash. It almost needs to act like a good presoak detergent that will break up that grime for me so I don`t have to scrub the paint.

thanks

Brad

imageautodetail
09-19-2007, 07:52 PM
MR. Jinx all purpose cleaner aresol cans

carnut00
09-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Poorboys Bug Squash when diluted properly will not strip any protection.

mikebai1990
09-19-2007, 08:09 PM
Poorboys Bug Squash is a good product to use for your situation.

skenzer
09-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Poorboys Bug Squash when diluted properly will not strip any protection.

What`s the proper ratio? Thanks!

Brad

skenzer
09-19-2007, 08:34 PM
MR. Jinx all purpose cleaner aresol cans

I`ll look that up..I`ve never heard of that before.

thanks

carnut00
09-19-2007, 08:45 PM
3 parts water to 1 part Bug Squash.

imageautodetail
09-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I`ll look that up..I`ve never heard of that before.

thanks

its a claire product, google Mr jinx cleaner

imported_themightytimmah
09-19-2007, 10:49 PM
CG`s Citrus Wash mixed a little bit strong will fit the bill perfectly. Don`t expect LSPs to last more than a month or two while using a pre-treating agent, though - Zaino, Ultima and Collinite being notable exceptions.

skenzer
09-19-2007, 11:52 PM
3 parts Bug Squash to 1 part water.

Excellent, thank you!

skenzer
09-20-2007, 12:06 AM
CG`s Citrus Wash mixed a little bit strong will fit the bill perfectly. Don`t expect LSPs to last more than a month or two while using a pre-treating agent, though - Zaino, Ultima and Collinite being notable exceptions.

This is probably going to show how new I am to the detailing world...but help me understand what you mean when you say LSP? I`m assuming you`re speaking of some type of wax or polish?

thanks

Brad

Accumulator
09-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Interesting that there are bug removers that won`t remove wax...might be an alternative to my constant use of Sonus green clay for that job.

skenzer- "LSP" = Last Step Product, i.e., "wax".