PDA

View Full Version : Drying Aid?

stiffdogg06
09-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Does anyone use Megs. Last Touch or anything else that you spray onto the car while wet to help in drying and less chance of scratching?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

DJ_JonnyV
09-18-2007, 08:57 PM
I use either Adam`s QD or Prima Hydro before drying my cars. The paint on my Allroad is cobalt blue and has a real deep color to it. I like to use the Hydro on it as it really brings out the post-wash shine. Also, has some good polymers in it and provides a good 1 week protection between washes. It`s a little trickier to work with than the Adam`s, but provides a bit better shine and protection I believe. The Adam`s is pretty hard to screw up. Never had a problem with streaking with it.

mikebai1990
09-18-2007, 09:29 PM
I believe that AW can be used as a drying aid. Dunno if there a less chance of scratching...

hXc drummer23
09-18-2007, 09:59 PM
I use Duragloss Aqua Wax. I used to use E1 Wax as your dry that worked pretty well too.

rwisejr
09-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I use either Adam`s QD or Prima Hydro before drying my cars. The paint on my Allroad is cobalt blue and has a real deep color to it. I like to use the Hydro on it as it really brings out the post-wash shine. Also, has some good polymers in it and provides a good 1 week protection between washes. It`s a little trickier to work with than the Adam`s, but provides a bit better shine and protection I believe. The Adam`s is pretty hard to screw up. Never had a problem with streaking with it.

I use the exact same as you !!!!!!!! The hydro is awesome but I do love the adams as well and I also notice they both minimize dust build up as well.

imported_DieselMDX
09-18-2007, 10:11 PM
lol that is from vxrmarc :-)

stiffdogg06
09-18-2007, 10:17 PM
lol that is from vxrmarc :-)

Yeah and I want to know if it`s worth it or anything.

imported_GregCavi
09-18-2007, 10:46 PM
I always use Z6, sprayed on every panel, to dry the car.

Greg

imported_DieselMDX
09-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah and I want to know if it`s worth it or anything.

imo it does make sense tho at the time he is drying the vehicle it has NO lsp so the water is not shetting/beading worth a damn.

IMO a properly maintained car does not need it, just use a open hose then blot dry

stiffdogg06
09-19-2007, 12:25 AM
imo it does make sense tho at the time he is drying the vehicle it has NO lsp so the water is not shetting/beading worth a damn.

IMO a properly maintained car does not need it, just use a open hose then blot dry

Yeah, exactly. Basically I am looking for something to aide me in drying the car after washing the car getting ready for a full detail.

I dont think z6 is worth buying to just use a drying aide. To expensive for me. I may just get that "Last Touch."

BigAl3
09-19-2007, 12:56 AM

agreed, sheet as much water off as possible and dry with a soft waffle weave or microfiber drying towel...

imported_DieselMDX
09-19-2007, 01:05 AM
Yeah, exactly. Basically I am looking for something to aide me in drying the car after washing the car getting ready for a full detail.

I dont think z6 is worth buying to just use a drying aide. To expensive for me. I may just get that "Last Touch."

it would be the most cost effective way imo

Accumulator
09-19-2007, 12:46 PM
I use a leaves-stuff-behind QD almost every time, even though I have almost all of the water off before I apply it. It adds a little lubricity in case some dirt is somehow present, and it adds a tiny bit of additional sacrificial layer on top of my LSP.

SuperBee364
09-19-2007, 12:55 PM
I`ve been using ONE. I spray it on each panel right before I dry it with the WW. After the car is dry, I go over it one more time with a fresh MF to get the ONE haze off.