PDA

View Full Version : Uniform beading = durability?

danforz
09-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey guys, I keep getting the feeling that I`m missing out on something. From what I can tell, many judge durability based on uniform beading. I`m reading that JetSeal has sheeting rather then beading, and CS isn`t leaving uniform beading for another guy - and these are being correlated to durability.

Is this true or have I missed it?

Furthermore, with the 903843 layers of Zaino on my vehicle, it STILL doesn`t bead all that uniformly. Nor did it after the kAIO/KSG. Only time I`ve had uniform beading was when I used Natty Blue - never from either sealant.

Never the less, with out the uniform beading, my car does look good. So whats the deal?

wannafbody
09-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Beading on a clean surface relative to how it beaded after curing. The smoothness of the paint surface will have an affect on beading as well. As for CS it has a bit of a sheeting action when hit with a hose. If a product beads initially and then starts to sheet after washing it would seem as if something has washed off.

mikebai1990
09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
You can search around about whether beading=durability. For sheeting sealants like JetSeal (I`m going according do your description--I`ve never used a sheeting sealant), you obviously can`t judge durability by beading. With most other waxes, if you do a good wash, and the beading isn`t strong, then I`d say it`s a good factor to take into consideration when evaluating durability.

94BlkStang
09-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Hey guys, I keep getting the feeling that I`m missing out on something. From what I can tell, many judge durability based on uniform beading. I`m reading that JetSeal has sheeting rather then beading, and CS isn`t leaving uniform beading for another guy - and these are being correlated to durability.

Is this true or have I missed it?

Furthermore, with the 903843 layers of Zaino on my vehicle, it STILL doesn`t bead all that uniformly. Nor did it after the kAIO/KSG. Only time I`ve had uniform beading was when I used Natty Blue - never from either sealant.

Never the less, with out the uniform beading, my car does look good. So whats the deal?

IMO there seems to be a lot of assumptions made about durability of products without any scientific proof. My idea is to wax as often as I can and then do a thorough detail in the spring and maintenance throughout the summer and then do another thorough detail in the late fall.

RANDAL
09-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Just waittill you get some NATTYS RED, really surprised my dad on his pickup yesterday inthe rain. RANDAL