PDA

View Full Version : Na-nu, na-nu from San Diego

Shane Camp
09-18-2007, 04:16 AM
Hello,

Believe it or not it`s 2 AM (PST) and I couldn`t get back to sleep because I`ve been plagued with "paint-phobia", so I`ve been scouring the nets for the past two hours looking for an aid and perhaps I`ve found it here? I recently bought a 2007 Laguna Blue S2000 and I don`t have the means to (or I think) wash it and protect it properly, well at least I don`t have the means to wash it at home and quite frankly it terrifies me to hand my car (even the beater) over to a detailer to wash and protect my car... Frankly I`m afraid to wash my car so I need to learn a few things first...

About me:

I`m new to the San Diego area, hailing from Northern VA, I`m learning that fun in the sun isn`t so fun on the car and the fact that it rarely rains here in SD is actually harder to keep a car clean. Well, here is my objective and purpose for joining;

In no particular order learning or enhancing current knowledge of...

Protecting paint

Washing

Polishing

Waxing

Sealing

Finding a good pro detailer

Spider webbing

Wheel waxing

Protection from Ocean air

Convertible care

Enjoying my car without paranoia

Meeting some fellow enthusiasts

Thanks and that`s all for now

... back to reading the detailing guide (good stuff!)

imported_DieselMDX
09-18-2007, 04:54 AM
welcome to our sickness, read read and read some more and you will learn the do`s and dont`s of detailing in no time :-)

SuperBee364
09-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Does anyone have a linky to Scottwax`s "how I wash a car" thread? That should keep Shane up til dawn, and show him how to take great care of his ride in his water-free garage. :)