PDA

View Full Version : diamondite problem

montrealblau328
09-18-2007, 01:00 AM
After using diamondite`s glass cleaning kit (cleaner, spray clay, and shield) I now have spots that appear whenever it rains. During dry weather the glass is clear. My guess is that it was the diamondite "shield" application which led to this problem, and/or that it rained soon after I applied it.

Has anyone encounered this problem with this product? I tried using the diamondite spray clay and dp glass restorer to remove the spots to no avail.

I would love to be able to remove this problem without causing another.

stuart hicks
09-18-2007, 09:08 AM
Diamondite was one of the only products i found on here that was truly amazing IMO. I didn`t care for the spray sealant though.

Never had that experience with the product. Maybe the clay is not getting all the minerals out of the water spots even though it`s removing the stain. When it gets wet the water may reactivate the minerals and cause new stains.

Just a thought.

Diesel1
09-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Diamondite was one of the only products i found on here that was truly amazing IMO. I didn`t care for the spray sealant though.

Never had that experience with the product. Maybe the clay is not getting all the minerals out of the water spots even though it`s removing the stain. When it gets wet the water may reactivate the minerals and cause new stains.

Just a thought.

Now I`m on the opposite end of the spectrum where I though DIamondite was a complete waste of money. I thought it was messy to use and it stained the rubber gaskets around my doors. I didn`t think it cleaned all that well at all. After using Glass Scrub by glass science, I will never use anything else. Just my opinion though.

I say use whatever works best for you.

As for the spots, I would try redoing it. Wipe the glass with alcohol and then the glass cleaner. See if it removes the spots you described. If it does, then apply the sealer again in a very thin coat and buff out (I found using a spritz of water when buffing helps).

montrealblau328
09-20-2007, 10:35 PM
thanks for the feedback.

The spots were definately caused by the diamondite shield, they`re not old water spots being reactivated by the rain.

I found a similar thread that reccomended nail polish remover to take away the diamondite shield.

I called diamondite and they reccomended using a pre-wax cleaner on the glass

So I used the nail polish remover with microfiber towel on a portion of the glass without immediate results. I then used Mothers pre-wax cleaner on the entire windshield with a polishing pad (by hand). This seems to have taken most of the residue away, but I won`t know for sure until I drive in the rain again. I do know that I will be investing a couple more hours of my time getting all of this residue off my windshield.

In defense of the product, I may have used too thick of a coat of the "shield"-unintentionally. The spray clay and glass cleaner worked fine and I`ll use them until the cans are empty.