PDA

View Full Version : Need help with plan of attack on black

jgatuslao
09-17-2007, 03:57 PM
It`s time for me to work on my black Lexus GS300 again and have ordered 3 new Clearkote products (RMG, VM and yellow creme wax). I would like to remove light scratches, swirls and marring and of course have the depth and wetness that will make people drool. This is what I currently have in my arsenal:

1. Megs #66, Pinnacle XMT 360

2. Clearkote RMG, VM, yellow creme wax

3. DG 601 and 105

4. Natty`s blue

5. DG Aquawax, DG 521, FK425, Megs UQD

Given these products, what would you use and in what order? I will be using a PC 7424 with both Megs yellow polishing pads and finishing pads. I will be applying my lsp by hand.

Thanks for the help.

mikebai1990
09-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Well, you definitely don`t need to use all of that. Are you looking for stunning looks, or are you content with sacrificing a little bit of looks for durability?

I ask because for looks, I`d probably pick Natty`s blue. Awesome depth, but lacking in durability. Nothing wrong with it--It`s just more of a boutique wax than a durable one.

I`d probably go with DG601+105, only because that`s the one I`m most familiar with. From what I`ve heard (I got it recently), it will give you lots of durability (4-5 months at least), and gives very nice looks.

imported_themightytimmah
09-17-2007, 04:33 PM
You might want to pick up a heavier polish for removing scratches and swirls. Something like Optimum or Meg`s #80 via PC and polishing pad, then RMG/VM mixed 50:50 via polishing pad, than Natty`s Blue by hand. It will leave an unmatched wet look.

imageautodetail
09-17-2007, 04:51 PM
I did a 2002 Black gs300 sport edition about a month ago with mediocre scars, it had just never had anything done to it wasn`t bad, but needed a little work,I really like those cars so I did a 3 step on it.

rinsed,washed and clayed with clay sponge, washed and rinsed

chamois dried

medium pad on the makita with a light cut(1500)polish

red meg pad on my PC with superglaze

finish pad on the PC with a carnuba sealer(great for black)

car looked absolutely wet when it was finished, the smoked wheels had been prievously stained and the dealer was going to have them fixed so I did not even take after photos. They ended up putting the split 5 spokes off the 06 models(18`s) on it and it looked incredible, good looking car

ptaylor_9849
09-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Seems a bit overkill in some areas as stated above. Let me save you few bucks and skip the yellow moose wax.

Polish - RMG - LSP

That`s it.

jgatuslao
09-18-2007, 09:59 AM
`Thanks for all the suggestions but if you were to choose from the products listed, what would you use to clean/polish (Megs #66 or XMT)? After RMG or VM or pink moose, would you use DG 105 and top it off with Natty\`s or go straight to Natty\`s? What kind of QD would you use to maintain?\r\n\r\nI really don\`t want to buy any more products. I just would like to use what\`s on hand.\r\n\r\nThanks.`