PDA

View Full Version : Opinions for this Noob

HeadnSouth
09-17-2007, 01:53 PM
I`m about to order a package to dive into detailing my own vehicles and would like to get opinions from the members here. Is this a good package to start with and am I missing anything? I`m leaning towards collinite over the Klasse AIO which I`ll get locally.

My vehicles range from an 03 GMC thats in real good shape on down to a 92 325I thats beat up pretty good with a lot of scratches.

Here`s what I`m ordering:

UDM

Edge 2000 DA Starter Package

With The Edge 2000 DA Starter Package you will get one each of the Yellow, Green, Blue, and White 6" DA Pads and a DA Pad Adapter. That is everything you will need to get started using The Edge 2000 6" DA Pad System and all of that with a savings of $10 over buying each peice individually!!!

Klasse AIO

Accumulator
09-17-2007, 02:14 PM
I always recommend 1Z brand polishes for people who are just starting out with this stuff (and plenty of experets like `em too). Much as I like KAIO, I`d probably use 1Z`s Metallic Polish or even their stronger (but still pretty mild) Paint Polish and then the Collinite. It`s a tried-and-true combo.

I understand about the local sourcing, but I`d still give it some consideration.

Sources: Welcome to Exceldetail.com! (http://www.exceldetail.com/) or Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing Supplies & Accessories (http://www.pakshak.com/index.html)

VTechFan02
09-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I believe that DavidB and others have had problems with the Edge pad system on the UDM. It has more power then the PC so I think they wear out quicker. You may want to reconsider your pad choice. I would definitely get the UDM though, love mine! Use it with smaller diameter pads (4-5in.) and it runs smoother because it is balanced better then with larger pads.

-Frank

HeadnSouth
09-17-2007, 06:22 PM
Thanks for your opinions on these items. Looks like I may not be getting collinite anyways its nowhere to be found in Jawga. :( I`ve seen there marine line at the Boats US but so far nothing automotive. I`ve been wanting to try Zaino for years but never could spend that kind of money on a car wax.

What brand of pads would you recommend for a noob like myself?

HeadnSouth
09-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Looked at some LC CSS 5" 6 pack from Danase. They fall more into my price range $40 for the bunch. :)

What would you guys recommend over either the Klasse AIO or the Zaino AIO?