PDA

View Full Version : Leather Repair???

JaCkaL829
06-20-2005, 12:58 PM
My cousin`s new(to him) 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee has leather, and on the driver`s side seat its beginning to rip a little. He thinks its getting bigger and bigger the past week, and really wants to repair it ASAP. Any suggestions for me? I just goggled leather repair kit and got a ton of hits :brick

Anyone have a good or bad experience with a certain brand or kit? Or are they all about the same? He wants to repair in the next couple of days, so I really don`t have a lot of time to do lots of researching on good/bad kits.
I didn`t know how serious he was about it having repaired, until today when he was talking about getting a whole new seat, which i`m sure is mucho dinero that he doesn`t have to be spending on this.
Any recommendations or any other solutions aside from a new seat, would be appreciated.

THanks! :bigups

kingranchman
06-20-2005, 01:13 PM
You may want to check out Leatherique (http://www.leatherique.com). Look for the restoration kits they have. Seems to come recommended from several forums I have read. I don`t have any experience with them yet, but I have a gallon set of rejuvenator oil and prestine clean on the way to try out.

maximv1
06-20-2005, 07:08 PM
if you decide not to tackle it yourself, get a reputable place to handle it, like fibernew or paintbull. they can repair it like new. it may cost more but the end result will be worht it.