PDA

View Full Version : SIP w/ yellow or green LC CCS pad, will they finish down LSP ready?

Paulie Walnuts
09-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I can get the orange LC CCS pad with Menzerna to finish down LSP ready but I read a post earlier in the year that said the green pad works better with SIP as does the yellow. My question is I dont have time on these particular details to do a 3 step process so I need a pad to go with SIP that will finish down to LSP ready. Well I use an AIO after the SIP but then to LSP.

Hope that makes sense, my brain isnt working right today.

WHB

stiffdogg06
09-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Green you may be able to get it down to LSP ready. And orange depending on the paint hardness. Yellow is pushing it... I def. would using something on a white pad after using yellow.

What color and make of paint are you working on?

- Andrew

Paulie Walnuts
09-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Green you may be able to get it down to LSP ready. And orange depending on the paint hardness. Yellow is pushing it... I def. would using something on a white pad after using yellow.

What color and make of paint are you working on?

- Andrew

All sorts of paint

SuperBee364
09-17-2007, 12:07 PM
I`ve tried all of the LC CCS foam pads with SIP, and I have to agree with (as much as it pains me to do so ;) ) Rydawg: the orange LC CCS foam pad is the best *foam* pad to use SIP with. Now if you wanna talk wool, that`s an entirely different discussion. :)

The orange foam really hits the sweet spot with SIP. Good cutting action, finishes down nicely, and doesn`t seem to hop and squeal with SIP like so many other pads do.

Paulie Walnuts
09-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I`ve tried all of the LC CCS foam pads with SIP, and I have to agree with (as much as it pains me to do so ;) ) Rydawg: the orange LC CCS foam pad is the best *foam* pad to use SIP with. Now if you wanna talk wool, that`s an entirely different discussion. :)

The orange foam really hits the sweet spot with SIP. Good cutting action, finishes down nicely, and doesn`t seem to hop and squeal with SIP like so many other pads do.Really? You were the one in another thread that told me to get the green ones for this product!

I just ordered too lol.

SuperBee364
09-17-2007, 01:04 PM
The green Edge *wool* is my personal favorite for SIP, but if you`re talking foam, and best mix of cutting ability and good finish, then it really is hard to beat orange foam.

Green Edge Wool or Orange LC CCS foam are great choices for SIP.

I`ll have to look at and edit that thread to clarify....Can you point me in the direction of that thread, Mr. The Kid? I want to edit it to make sure it specifically states Green *wool*.

imported_rydawg
09-17-2007, 01:05 PM

The orange foam really hits the sweet spot with SIP. Good cutting action, finishes down nicely, and doesn`t seem to hop and squeal with SIP like so many other pads do.

Hahaha:grinno: When I first tested this polish back in the late winter, I had tested it on atleast 20 diferent makes, models, and colors. I tested almost every pad on every car.

Orange did seem to work the best for average defect removal and gloss restoration. On harder paints like BMW metallics, vettes, etc., a yellow worked superb. You just have to make sure on darker colors with a yellow pad, that you use sip on a orange or green after to perfect the finish and remove all the faint scour marks from the yellow that was left. The trick to is after you finish off the high speed polishing is to run it over the surface at 600 rpm lightly and this will ensure there is no deep micro marring left. Remember, 106ff is a very light duty polish and will not remove all the scour marks if they are deep.

SIP does work great on a green pad also with certain paints.

Orange pads just work great with mostly all correction polishes, especially SIP.

DantheMan
09-17-2007, 03:28 PM
I like the green better if I`m trying to finish with it.. Rotary rookie though. So I`d probably listen to the other guys. lol

SpoiledMan
09-17-2007, 03:37 PM
WHB, which green are you talking about? The Autogeek green is different from others that are available.

Paulie Walnuts
09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
WHB, which green are you talking about? The Autogeek green is different from others that are available.

This pad here SM: Lake Country CCS Green Heavy Polishing Pad 6 1/2" (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Lake_Country_CCS_Green_Heavy_Polishing_Pad_6_1_2_p/buflc_103_6.htm)

I ordered 4 today so I will give them a try, I doubt that they will go to waste.

SpoiledMan
09-17-2007, 03:55 PM
I have some of those and if you finish with them then you`re a miracle worker. They are just a bit less aggressive than the yellow pads.

Paulie Walnuts
09-17-2007, 04:14 PM
I have some of those and if you finish with them then you`re a miracle worker. They are just a bit less aggressive than the yellow pads.Interesting, seems like CG advertises them as less aggressive than the orange.

SpoiledMan
09-17-2007, 04:24 PM
OK, let me put it like this. I get more marring left with this green than I do the orange pads. It`s much easier to control than the orange pads though. If you`re hoping to finish out even close to LSP ready then I`d go for a smaller orange pad and not this green.

imported_rydawg
09-17-2007, 04:43 PM
there are 2 different kinds of green. I have the 8.5 beveled edge green rotary pad and it is semi aggressive but soft. One of my favorite pads via correction. It cut`s like a yellow, but has more cushion to it. It reminds me of the older yellow pads.

I have some of the lc 5.5 reg. green pads and they are soft polish pads.

Paulie Walnuts
09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
OK, let me put it like this. I get more marring left with this green than I do the orange pads. It`s much easier to control than the orange pads though. If you`re hoping to finish out even close to LSP ready then I`d go for a smaller orange pad and not this green.

Gottcha. Well I already have 4 coming overnight so I will test one out and if I dont like them I will return for some orange.